Job Title: Usability Specialist
Location: Vantaa, Finland
Requisition ID: 160784BR
Application Date: 20th June 2021
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world leader in serving science, with annual revenue exceeding $25 billion. Our Mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Whether our customers are accelerating life sciences research, solving complex analytical challenges, improving patient diagnostics and therapies or increasing productivity in their laboratories, we are here to support them. Our global team of more than 75,000 colleagues delivers an unrivaled combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and pharmaceutical services through our industry-leading brands, including Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific, Unity Lab Services and Patheon. For more information, please visit www.thermofisher.com.
How will you make an impact?
We are now seeking a Usability Specialist to join our User Experience team in the Clinical Diagnostics Division R&D organization in Vantaa, Finland. The team consists of a variety of enthusiastic user interface professionals including usability and user interface designers and technical writers. We work in multidisciplinary project teams for multiple In Vitro Diagnostic (IVD) medical device product lines, ensuring the desired level of usability on both software and hardware user interface as well as the user documentation.
We would consider a recent Graduate with Usability experience, graphical design and a passion to grow, develop and make a significant positive impact on society in many ways. We also contribute by operating responsibly and by giving back to the communities in which we live and work.
Hear from Mari a Usability Specialist at Thermo Fisher Scientific in Vantaa, Finland about her role, the team and how the Cascadion SM Clinical Analyzer and Assays have been developed to bring the accuracy of mass spectrometry into the clinical laboratory. Watch to learn more and click to view our open career opportunities in Finland https://lnkd.in/eCVHBu9 #lifeatthermofisher
• Actively driving the user experience and ensuring the use-safety of laboratory devices including both new product development projects and product modifications. The tasks include user interface design actions, usability assessments and other UX tasks. In this role you would concentrate especially on laboratory automation products.
• Documenting the product usability.
• Participating in the graphical user interface (GUI) design work
Required Experience and Qualifications:
• Master's or Bachelor's degree in an applicable field (e.g. engineering, graphical design, industrial design, computer science)
• Strong skills in managing one's own work
• Teamwork and communication skills
We additionally value:
• Skills on specific professional areas such as ergonomics, label design and industrial design
• Experience in being responsible for the usability of a product
• Knowledge of our Customers’ (hospitals, laboratories) work environment and of the European and FDA medical device regulations on usability and user interface
Please send in your application, including a cover letter, CV and salary request in English. Please apply via http://jobs.thermofisher.com/ 20th June 2021. Reference: 160784BR.
If you have questions about Thermo Fisher Scientific and/or the position - please contact Taina Tähtinen @ firstname.lastname@example.org Manager, User Experience, Specialty Diagnostics Group. Recruiter is John email@example.com@thermofisher.com
Each one of our 75,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. It’s not just a career, it’s a chance to realise your best – professionally and personally.
Join us and contribute to our mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer: http://jobs.thermofisher.com