Thermo Fisher Scientific Oy
We are now seeking a Usability Specialist to join our User Experience team in our Clinical Diagnostics Division R&D organization in Vantaa, Finland. The team consists of a variety of enthusiastic user interface professionals including usability and user interface designers and technical writers. We work in multidisciplinary project teams for multiple In Vitro Diagnostic (IVD) medical device product lines, ensuring the desired level of usability on both software and hardware user interface as well as the user documentation.
- Participating in product development projects as the person responsible for the user experience and use-safety of laboratory devices including both new product development and product modifications. The tasks include e.g. user interface design, usability assessments, use-related requirement and risk management, usability validations and other UX tasks. In this role you would concentrate especially in laboratory automation products. Occasional travelling is required.
- Documenting the product usability
- If applicable, other specific areas depending on your professional expertise, e.g. graphical user interface (GUI), labels and other graphics, ergonomics or industrial design.
Required Experience and Qualifications:
- Master´s or Bachelor´s degree in an applicable field (e.g. graphical design, engineering, industrial design, computer science)
- Experience in being responsible for the usability of a product
- Team work and communication skills as well as strong skills in managing one´s own work
We additionally value:
- Skills on specific professional areas such as graphical user interface design, ergonomics, label design and industrial design
- Knowledge of our Customers’ (hospitals, laboratories) work environment and of the European and FDA medical device regulations on usability and user interface
We look forward to receiving your application with CV, potential portfolio and salary suggestions no later than 4th of June, 2019. Interviews will be started already during the application period. Please apply via http://jobs.thermofisher.com/.
Should you have any questions, please contact Petteri Häkkinen, Interim Manager, User Experience, on +358 10 329 2188 on Tuesday 21st of May at 15-16, Thursday 23rd of May at 8.30-10 or Tuesday 28th of May at 15-16.
Our software professionals in Finland are proud to play a role in helping humankind