Unix AdministratorSamlink Oy
We are looking for a Unix Administrator to a permanent position in Samlink's infrastructure management team. Seize the opportunity and join a top team of experts providing information technology services and solutions for the financial sector.
Samlink is specialized in user-oriented, reliable, and secure data system solutions, and as a Unix Administrator, you will be responsible for the installation, configuration, and maintenance of our high availability Unix (Linux) systems. In addition to performing regular administrative tasks, you will also be working closely with our inhouse software development teams on software deployment tasks. We also hope you have experience with scripting (for instance Python or Shell) and an understanding of DevSecOps principles.
However, we do not expect you to master all this day one, and this position offers a great opportunity to develop your skills further as a member of a team of Unix experts! At Samlink we support the development and personal growth of our employees in line with their interests and goals.
At Samlink you have competent colleagues to support you, there is a positive atmosphere in our work community. Our offices are located in Espoo and Jyväskylä, but remote work is fully supported at Samlink with individual teams deciding on hybrid models that best fit their situation.
What we expect from you:
- Some previous experience in a similar Unix/Linux admin role
- Good understanding of Unix based system software
- Knowledge of UNIX and LINUX operating systems, storage environments, file systems, and network protocols
- Familiarity with server configuration and automation tools, such as Ansible and scripting experience (e.g. PHP, Java or Python)
- Understanding of DevSecOps principles
- Some experience with public cloud services (for example Azure)
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities and quickly learn new skills and techniques
- Attention to detail and willingness to take responsibility
- Fluent English language skills
Are you interested?
We carry out the recruitment in cooperation with Northstar Talent (part of Barona). We’d be happy to hear from you and answer any questions you may have about the position. We interview applicants during the application period, so please submit your application as soon as possible, but no later than September 25, 2022.
For more information about the position, please contact Northstar Talent's Tom Röllich at firstname.lastname@example.org or +372 5622 3002.
Kindly note the recruitment process includes a basic security clearance vetting conducted by the Finnish Security and Intelligence Service.