ummer Power - Engineering and R&D
Summer Power - Engineering and R&D
Wärtsilä is an innovative technology company known for being a forerunner in the Marine and Energy markets. Every day, we – Wärtsilians - put our hearts and minds into turning Wärtsilä's purpose of enabling sustainable societies with smart technology into reality. We want to transition the world towards a cleaner future. By pushing the boundaries of engineering and technology, we can make it work.
In 2019, our net sales totalled EUR 5.2 billion with approximately 19,000 employees and operations in over 200 locations, in more than 80 countries. This summer we are hiring over 300 students from all technical and business fields to work with us in different positions, located in Vaasa, Helsinki and Turku.
Together, we can create a sustainable future that we can all be proud of. Join the crew this summer!
Engineering at Wärtsilä covers departments and functions throughout our businesses. Our technical experts are a vital part in enabling us to move towards our visions of the future. In this area, the positions can have tasks related to anything from documentation to design and projects.
Research and development (R&D) within our businesses is responsible for research and development of new products, technologies and concepts within their respective areas. Our R&D processes drive both innovation and long-term co-operation with research institutes and partners.
All work for both engineering in general and R&D is guided by the Wärtsilä purpose as well as our task related targets, safety guidelines and quality standards. Continuous development and innovation are a part of daily tasks, so you will also get the chance to help us develop our operations within your responsibility area. You will have independent work responsibilities but also support your team in daily tasks and reporting.
As a trainee, you will have the opportunity to work in various areas of expertise depending on your interest and field of study while making it possible to develop future marine and energy technologies.
In the Summer Power campaign, we have trainee possibilities for instance in the following functions:
- Data science
- Software development
- Hardware development
- Engine Automation
- Technical Documentation
- Embedded Automation & Testing
- Mechanical, Electrical, Automation & Civil Design
- Health, Safety & Environment
- Projects & Innovation
We are looking for motivated and energetic students with a “can-do” attitude. We value team players with the ability to cooperate in a multicultural environment.
As an ideal candidate you have
- On-going studies in a relevant field (BSc. Or MSc. in Engineering or equivalent)
- Fluency in English, both written and spoken
- Good communication and documentation skills
- Active, result oriented attitude towards work and the ability to see the big picture
- Good problem solving and decision-making skills
- Systematic and detail focused way of working
Seen as a benefit:
(Please note that mentioned knowledge and skills are examples and applicable to different positions)
- Hands-on experience in Data Science
- Programming skills in C, C++, Python, Qt or similar
- Experience in DevOps tools and systems
- Electronic design skills
- Sensor technology knowhow
- Technical knowhow in own discipline
- Presentation and negotiation skills
- Skills in control & measurement systems
- Understanding of Business Analytics tools
- Knowledge of SAP, NX, Teamcenter and or/ SQL (or other similar programs)
- Meaningful and versatile, high-impact projects
- Freedom and responsibility over your work
- Smart, practical colleagues who will support your development
- Excellent work-life balance
- Opportunities for trainings and development
- An international working environment
- The possibility to participate in our award-winning “Summer Power Virtual” program
Please apply by 28th February 2021.
Attach your CV and application letter when applying through the system. In the application letter, tell us what kind of opportunities you are interested in, what motivates you and why you would make a great Wärtsilian. Remember to mention relevant knowledge and skills that you can already offer as an employee including relevant studies and courses.
Contact person to give further information:
Please check the Q&A on our Careers site to find answers to your questions.
Further information & questions on summer jobs via email firstname.lastname@example.org.
When selecting students for summer jobs, only applications sent through our recruitment system will be considered. Please note that the summer job positions are for students only and there is no relocation costs and/or immigration support available for these positions.
- Ilmoitusnumero: 1414438
- Työsuhde: Kesätyö
- Työn tyyppi: Kokopäiväinen
- Hakuosoite: www-osoite
- Sijainti: Helsinki, Turku, Vaasa
- Lisätietoja antaa: email@example.com