Are you interested and experienced in electricity, mechanics, or hydraulics? Are you looking for a new exciting opportunity in a global company and would like to be a part of a green energy transition? As a Travelling Service Technician at Vestas, you can have an exciting job and develop your career in a constantly growing organization with the latest technology.
***This is a traveling role (16 days working across the entire Finland / 12 days of pause at home). We are open to candidates from entire Finland, from Helsinki to northern Lapland. The role has its starting point at our warehouse in Ylivieska. Please, search on our career website for other openings of Travelling Service Technicians in Finland with various starting points and choose one that suits you best.***
You will be part of Vestas Northern and Central Europe which is a sales business unit covering Scandinavia, Finland, Celtic, Poland, the Baltics, Germany, Benelux as well as Eastern Europe and the south part of Africa. We are responsible for the sales function, project, installation, and service of wind farms throughout these regions. Our Finnish headquarter is in Vaasa and we have warehouses in several locations across Finland.
As a Travelling Service Technician, you hold an important role as the frontline of our service agreements and taking care of the customers' turbines across the region. The position requires accuracy, high mobility, and professionalism as the quality and personal safety of our service work is highly considered. To succeed in this role, we believe you possess good knowledge of electricity or mechanics as well as being service-minded.
We are also open to candidates with only primary technical experience, ready to join us as semi-skilled technicians and willing to learn.
Your responsibilities will be:
- Electrical and mechanical troubleshooting and repairs on sites all over Finland, and other Nordic countries
- Service and commissioning of wind turbines (check-ups, repairs, and replacement activities of turbine components)
- Smooth operation of our turbines and use of our systems like condition monitoring and remote control
- Contact with customers regarding completed and upcoming service and repairs
- Responsibility for the service vehicle, warehouse, and order of material, tools, and spare parts
- Daily reporting in our reporting systems
On the professional level, we believe you have:
- Ability to travel 100% of the time across Finland and other Nordic countries, including working an open and variable work schedule
- Experience or degree within electricity, mechanics, or hydraulics is a requirement. You are also eager to develop your skills within these areas
- Fluency in Finnish and communicative level of English is required
- Basic computer knowledge (for reporting & communication purposes)
- Driving license
On the personality level we believe you have/are:
- Having a good team spirit and being service-minded
- Structured and independent
- Open to travel (across entire Finland and sometimes other Nordic countries)
- Good physical condition and can handle heavy lifts and work on heights
- High level of safety awareness
What we offer:
Our employees are our most valuable asset. Apart from an attractive salary and benefits, such as gym vouchers and quick access to specialized health care, we invest in your development. After a thorough introduction course, we offer continuous development of your skills with our well-established education program. You get to work in a diverse team with motivated service technicians in a stimulating environment of a successful fast-growing international company, where good communication and structure are the keys to good results. As Vestas promotes equality, we welcome both male and female applicants.
This traveling role has its starting point at our warehouse in Ylivieska.
A requirement for this position is passing an extensive health check that will be carried out during the recruitment process.
For additional information on the position, please contact recruiter Piotr Grudziel in Gdańsk, Poland at +48 604 054 916.