We not only have ambitious goals but also a clear agreement on how to achieve them: For us, the means are as important as the ends. Whatever your role at ABB, you can be sure you are helping to create a better world. From building sustainable power plants in remote corners of the world, or improving safety for workers in automotive factories, to developing new technologies to combat pollution, the work we do touches the lives of millions.
We are looking for a Transport Planner for a temporary agreement (maternity leave) to join ABB Transportation Management Center in Vaasa. You will coordinate the utilization of equipment and ensure a high level of service and cost effective movement of goods. You will be working in a fast-paced environment with constantly changing demands, and will need to pay attention to customer requirements while balancing transport requests with available transport options, and communicating about service issues with shippers and receivers.
• Communicating with transport service providers to place transport orders, receive confirmations, provide custom instructions and monitor important milestones
• Planning and optimizing multi-leg and multi-segment shipments
• Ensuring that carriers are monitored and that customer service is provided to meet the needs of all dedicated businesses and any specific local delivery needs
• Calculating total transportation lead times and transport costs
• Understanding different planning techniques, including the functionality of transport management systems and load planning tools
• Collecting local transport market knowledge on equipment and port and airport operations, as well as on relevant restrictions and regulations
• Justifying cost overruns when they occur
• Supporting Accounts Payable for freight payment reconciliation
• A challenging position in an international working environment
• Induction to the job based on your previous experience
• The opportunity for personal development in the form of training
• The opportunity for professional development
• B.Sc. with engineering or commercial background, or a related field
• Capability to manage and prioritize multiple time-sensitive tasks in a dynamic environment
• Good planning, problem solving and decision making skills
• Advanced desktop computer skills including MS Office tools
• Good team working skills and customer-oriented approach to work
• Flexibility to work in different shifts according to business needs
• Strong written and verbal communications skills in English and good communication skills in Finnish, Swedish or Estonian.
Ideally you have
• Knowledge of transportation rules and regulations and experience in working with advanced TMS platforms
• Experience in transport management or freight forwarding
Interested in joining the crew? Apply for the position with the job ID FI66185571 by September 13, 2018 at www.abb.fi/uralle.
If you have questions, contact Niina Haapalainen, tel. +358 50 334 7410.
ABB is a pioneering technology leader in electrification products, robotics and motion, industrial automation and power grids, serving customers in utilities, industry and transport & infrastructure globally. Continuing a history of innovation spanning more than 130 years, ABB today is writing the future of industrial digitalization with two clear value propositions: bringing electricity from any power plant to any plug and automating industries from natural resources to finished products. As title partner of Formula E, the fully electric international FIA motorsport class, ABB is pushing the boundaries of e-mobility to contribute to a sustainable future. ABB operates in more than 100 countries with about 135,000 employees of whom around 5,300 in Finland. www.abb.com