We not only have ambitious goals but also a clear agreement on how to achieve them: For us, the means are as important as the ends. Whatever your role at ABB, you can be sure you are helping to create a better world. From building sustainable power plants in remote corners of the world, or improving safety for workers in automotive factories, to developing new technologies to combat pollution, the work we do touches the lives of millions.
We are looking for a Transformer Service Technician at ABB Oy, Transformers unit in Vaasa. In this position, you will act as service technician in the Transformer Service unit. We offer a position in a dynamic environment, working closely with the customers and ABB’s own team to deliver transformer life cycle services to the Finnish market.
• Workshop repairs or rehabilitation of transformers
• Installation and commissioning of repaired transformers
• On-site maintenance and repair of transformers
• Installation of on-line monitoring equipment for transformers
• Reporting service jobs.
• A challenging position in an international working environment
• The opportunity for professional development in transformer technology
• The opportunity to further your industrial service career by taking responsibility of larger transformer service projects or more demanding service specialist tasks.
• Vocational qualification and a few years’ working experience as an electrician
• Experience in the design and manufacturing of or in services related to transformers or in industrial or utility usage and maintenance of transformers
• Knowledge of distribution and/or power transformers in general
• Familiarity with MS Office tools
• Ability to adapt to changes, willingness to travel (60-80 days per year)
• Excellent written and spoken communication skills in English and Finnish.
Ideally, you have
• Experience in site work such as tap changer maintenance, installation and transformer condition and commissioning measurement
• Experience in site work with transformers or other >110 kV electrical equipment
• Swedish and other language skills.
Interested in joining the crew? Apply for the position with the job ID FI65709455 by August 31, 2018 at www.abb.fi/uralle.
If you have questions, contact Vesa Vuorenmaa, tel. +358 50 334 4520.
ABB is a pioneering technology leader in electrification products, robotics and motion, industrial automation and power grids, serving customers in utilities, industry and transport & infrastructure globally. Continuing a history of innovation spanning more than 130 years, ABB today is writing the future of industrial digitalization with two clear value propositions: bringing electricity from any power plant to any plug and automating industries from natural resources to finished products. As title partner of Formula E, the fully electric international FIA motorsport class, ABB is pushing the boundaries of e-mobility to contribute to a sustainable future. ABB operates in more than 100 countries with about 135,000 employees of whom around 5,300 in Finland. www.abb.com