Are you looking to join a dynamic, innovation-driven, international company, building a better future for us all? UPM leads the forest based bioindustry into a sustainable, innovation-driven, and exciting future. The competence, integrity and drive of our people make us unique. We live by our values – trust and be trusted, achieve together, renew with courage.
We are now looking for a Trainee to join our Legal Team in Helsinki, Finland, for a fixed term position (preferably from December 2019 to May 2020).
UPM Legal Function is a global function with around 30 professionals assisting UPM’s business areas and global functions in a variety of legal matters, including areas of contracts, corporate transactions and financing, as well as corporate governance and compliance.
Greetings from your future Manager
“We warmly welcome you to join our highly competent team of legal experts! Our aim is to provide you an in-depth outlook in the intriguing world of multinational corporation and encourage you to chase your professional dreams as a valued member of UPM Legal.” - Saara-Maria Helminen, Group Legal Counsel, Governance & Securities Markets Compliance
What you’ll do
You will be responsible for and assist legal team members in versatile assignments:
- Assist in governance issues, mainly focusing on UPM’s annual general meeting arrangements but supporting also in global subsidiary governance and company law in general
- Support legal counsels in contract law, finance and trade law
- Assist in document and records management issues (i.e. archiving, use of electronical tools and gathering signatures), act as a back-up for our specialist
- Data collection, preparation of background materials and briefings
- Assist in various compliance matters
Who you are
We are expecting the candidates to have:
- Studies in law, either in university or university of applied sciences, at least 50-75% of the studies completed
- Excellent Finnish and English skills, written and oral
We are looking for a person with positive attitude, service-oriented mindset and genuine interest to learn and grow as legal professional. Earlier work experience from legal department is not a must but following is seen an asset:
- Earlier work experience in law firm, authority’s office or in-house law department, especially participation in governance matters
- Earlier knowledge/studies in corporate governance and company law and/or contract law is highly appreciated
- The position will be further tailored depending on the chosen candidate’s educational background
This is what we offer for you
- Meaningful job: We are proud of what we do. Our work highlights the expertise of our personnel, the high quality of our products and the company's values.
- Inspired and motivated teams: We have highly skilled workforce. We are a multifaceted, international organisation that works as a team to achieve our shared objectives.
- Development opportunities: With us you can build up your expertise. We provide opportunities to support your development throughout every stage of your career.
- Responsibility for people and environment: Our ethical principles embrace people as well as the environment. We are always striving to build a more sustainable future.
For more information, please contact Saara Helminen, Group Legal Counsel, email@example.com, or tel. +358407174998 (on 24 Sep 2019 between 15-17 Finnish time or on 1 Oct 2019 between 13-15 Finnish time).
Please apply via the link below and attach your CV and cover letter latest 07.10.2019.
For support with submitting your application, please contact HR Service Center at firstname.lastname@example.org, or tel. +358204146600.
A security background check may be performed for those selected to UPM positions, in accordance with the company recruitment guidelines and the Security Clearance Act 726/2014.
UPM is a non-smoking workplace in Finland.