Trainee, Automation System Testing
Cargotec Finland Oy
Kalmar keeps global trade moving. Our innovative solutions contribute to every fourth container movement in the world and help transform the future of cargo handling. We believe in collaboration, delivering on our promises and that people make the difference.
Purpose of the position
This position offers a great opportunity for a student to advance the robotics and automation of heavy-duty mobile machines. The focus is on autonomous and teleoperated mobile equipment, system integration, testing, and mechanical engineering depending on the candidate’s competences. The position offers also a great opportunity for a MSc student to complete his/her studies in a globally trending domain of work.
Main tasks and responsibilities:
● Performing tests and measurements of automated machines and documentation of results
● Active participation in defining systematic test methods for automated and teleoperated machines
● Active participation in test environment development.
What you’ll need to succeed:
● Studies are in good shape and applicant needs to be near graduation
● Accomplishment of relevant courses such as automation or linear/digital control, instrumentation
● Engineering mechanics (e.g. loading in static and dynamic conditions)
● Familiarity with communication, control and teleoperation is considered to be a plus
● Flexibility and agility, problem solving mindset with attention to details
● Good verbal and written English
● Understanding of robotics/automation is considered to be a plus
● Understanding wireless network hardware and software are considered to be a plus
● Forklift/Reachstacker/truck driving certificates are considered a plus.
Working together with
Technology/automation, virtual reality lab, AI team, Proto shop team.
Interested to join?
We will start reviewing and interviewing the applicants already during the application period, so be quick and apply by the 6th March at the latest! All the candidates will be informed about the recruitment process latest by the end of May.
Please contact Marika Farinha, email@example.com, for further information about the position.