Trainee, Automation Hardware Systems Engineer
Cargotec Finland Oy
Kalmar keeps global trade moving. Our innovative solutions contribute to every fourth container movement in the world and help transform the future of cargo handling. We believe in collaboration, delivering on our promises and that people make the difference.
Making your next move count
Kalmar's Automation Hardware Systems Department is looking for a Trainee, Automation Hardware Systems Engineer to support engineering design, development, and project delivery and completion. The location of the position is in Tampere, Finland.
Main tasks and responsibilities:
- Updating, building and testing PC Images for operating systems updates (WIN7/WIN10/Linux);
- Gain understanding and create technical reports of PC performance for different Kalmar applications;
- Wifi systems testing to establish systems suitability for future safe Realtime (Profinet) communications within multiple product lines.
- Creating / Updating documentation of components and structures stored in Kalmar component database system.
- Creating configurations and testing of on-board automation industrial network switches
- Creating diagrams and commissioning instructions for network switches and industrial network components
What you’ll need to succeed
- A Bachelor of Science/Engineering in Automation/Electronics/Electrical;
- Work experience within hardware development would be an advantage;
- Understanding of electrical wiring and ability to read circuit diagrams;
- Understanding of communication protocols (TCP/IP, Profibus, Profinet, CAN etc) is an advantage;
- Because Kalmar is a global company with both internal and external contacts, nationally and internationally, we expect you to have good knowledge of English, both in speech and in writing;
- You are self-driven, flexible and take initiatives.
We offer you
We offer you an opportunity to put your skills and knowledge into work with diverse tasks. We value collaboration in our open and inclusive culture and you will get to work with great colleagues from different backgrounds. With us, you will have the opportunity to learn and develop yourself professionally - and have fun while doing it.
Interested to join?
If you are excited about this opportunity, please submit your application and CV in English on our career page by 11th March 2018.