Oy Gustav Paulig Ab
We are now looking for a result oriented and business-minded
to take ownership of commodities trading activities within Paulig.
As a Trading Manager you are responsible for keeping the cost of tradeable commodities (e.g. green coffee, wheat, vegetable oil, corn, pepper) at a profit maximizing levels within approved risk limits. You drive the development of trading strategies with risk profiles, tactics and execution further. You make sure that hedging strategies are reflecting the different Business Area needs, which is done by close collaboration with relevant stakeholders. You execute educated transactions for futures and options at the futures market or via other counterparties. The role is a front-office role and you act as a deputy person for Market and Risk Analyst. In this role you report to the Director of Sourcing & Hedging.
Your main responsibilities are:
- Develop commodities trading strategies.
- Follow-up markets and execute transactions at the futures market daily basis or when needed.
- Manage the positions.
- Develop risk management processes, practices and measures for commodities trading.
- Administrate the related data in end-to-end trading and hedging process in our IT systems.
- Build relationships with brokers and suppliers, across the relevant markets e.g. coffee, wheat and corn.
- Strong collaboration with other functions internally i.e. different Sourcing teams, Treasury, Finance & IT and Sales.
The person we are looking for has:
- Strong will to take full responsibility of trading activities within agreed limits.
- Strong analytical skills, strategic capabilities and business acumen.
- Drive for excellent results and has strong appetite for win. Flexibility to work outside office hours.
- Continuous improvement mind-set and willingness to choose impact over comfort.
- Ability to prioritize and act comfortable in pressured situations.
- Capabilities for taking decisions and acting independently.
- Ability to communicate understandable way.
- Strong ability and will to collaborate for success both inside (Sourcing, Treasury, Finance & IT, Sales) and outside the organization (brokers, suppliers, banks).
- True will to share our values of Stay Curious, Strive for Excellence and Grow Together.
We want to see ambition and drive, but also have some minimum criteria that we hope you meet:
- Master's Degree, preferably in financing or economics.
- 7+ years' experience in commodities trading (preferably soft commodities, ideally coffee) and hedging operations in FMCG.
- Proven track record of successful trading and use of technical analyses.
- Strong knowledge in hedging and risk management and metrics in trading.
- Competences in strategic pricing and accounting are great advantages.
- Strong ability to perform under pressure caused by volatile market prices.
- Fluency in relevant IT-tools (e.g. SAP, EKA or other similar risk management system for derivatives and position handling).
- Fluency in English, both oral and written.
What we offer:
- We offer you an exciting and challenging permanent position located in Finland, at Paulig Group’s headquarters in Vuosaari, Helsinki.
- Great brands and products to work with in a family-owned company.
- You will have an opportunity to develop and influence greatly within your own responsibility area by taking ownership and strategic approach.
- You will belong to a great sourcing organization and have colleagues in Finland, Sweden, Belgium, Russia, Estonia and UK.
- Some travelling to spice your work.
- Possibilities to grow.
- What do our employees think about Paulig? According to our employee engagement survey TellUs 2018, 92% of Pauligians see that our strategy and goals are worth aiming for, 93% see we are living up to the company values and 91% see the future of the company looks bright.
If you have any questions regarding the role, please contact MPS Consultants Johanna Korte on Thu 27th at 9:30–11. tel. 020 746 9455 or Satu Lannetta on Tue 3rd at 10–11:30, tel. 020 746 9484.
Submit your application via MPS https://mps.rekrytointi.com on 8th March 2020 at latest. Please attach your CV and salary request.