Testing & Laboratory Specialist
We not only have ambitious goals but also a clear agreement on how to achieve them: For us, the means are as important as the ends. Whatever your role at ABB, you can be sure you are helping to create a better world. From building sustainable power plants in remote corners of the world, or improving safety for workers in automotive factories, to developing new technologies to combat pollution, the work we do touches the lives of millions.
We are looking for a Testing & Laboratory Specialist to join ABB Oy, Protection and Connection unit in Vaasa. This is a growing unit in ABB, producing world-class products with a high degree of automation. In this position, you will take part in developing top-class products: defining test plans, performing tests and analyzing the results.
• Specifying test plans: defining details, test sequences, testing methods and procedures, equipment and instrumentation to be used with reference to the applicable standards
• Performing the related tests (prototype testing, type testing and quality assurance testing) in line with standards at every stage of the product life cycle
• Analyzing test results and preparing test reports
• A challenging position in an international working environment
• The opportunity to further your career in a global company
• The opportunity for professional development
• Recently renovated, state-of-the-art premises and a great working atmosphere
• A B.Sc. or higher in electrical engineering
• Attention to detail and quality-focused mindset
• Excellent written and spoken communication skills in Finnish and English
• Motivation and willingness to learn
Ideally you have
• Work experience in testing and measurement or R&D
• Knowledge of IEC and UL standards
Interested in joining the crew? Apply for the position with the job ID FI68296918 by April 25, 2019 at www.abb.fi/uralle.
If you have questions, contact Testing and Laboratory Manager Teemu Multisilta, tel +358 50 334 7974.