The telecommunications business of Airbus in Finland is looking for a Test System SW Designer to our Helsinki office. You will work as part of New Product Introduction team, in close co-operation with R&D projects and production. As a Test System SW Designer you ensure our productivity by maintaining and developing applications and test system SW for mainly TETRA infrastructure and terminal business. You will implement, develop and support testing SW needs coming from R&D designers and production.
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Managing test activities for PMR network and terminal products mainly with contract manufacturers
- Writing tester specifications, scope of work for subcontractors
- Working closely with the Delivery Capability Managers for work package management tasks (budget, schedule, investments etc.)
- Working closely with R&D teams in order to define the best and appropriate test strategy
- Working closely with manufacturers’ teams for product Integration: test, validation and verification
- Manufacturing failure rate analysis and actions implementation with contract manufacturers
What we expect
To succeed in this kind of role you need to have:
- Experience in manufacturing or you have worked closely with production (> 5 years)
- Knowledge and experience with National Instruments Hardware and Software tools (Labwindows CVI, Teststand and Labview mandatory)
- Basic knowledge of Windows OS environment
- Experience of electronics testing development is seen as an advantage
- Good communication and networking skills
- Good decision-making skills and efficient in problem-solving
- Readiness to travel
- Fluent English skills
This is a permanent position and it will start as agreed.
For further information, please contact hiring manager Tanja Häkkinen (tel. +358 50 351 5785) preferably on 19th of October 14:30-16:00 or 25th of October 12:00-14:00.
To apply, please send your application and CV via the link below by 4th of November. Please note that we will process the applications already during the application period.
Read more about Airbus in Finland on:
Read more about what we do on:
The programme line Secure Land Communications (SLC) at Airbus Defence and Space develops, markets, delivers and maintains professional and land mobile radio (PMR/LMR) networks based on Tetra and Tetrapol technologies and offers a wide range of radio solutions and devices for customers worldwide, e.g. the police and rescue organizations. The programme line employs nearly 1700 people in 20 countries. In Finland, Airbus Defence and Space Oy employs around 300 people in Helsinki and Jyväskylä.