Sandvik Mining and Rock Solutions is the leading provider of equipment and tools as well as maintenance and technical services for the mining industry. Its products include drill rigs, mechanical mining equipment, crushers, loading and hauling equipment and material processing equipment.
Sandvik’s Test Mine team in our Technology Development and Services organization in Digital Technologies Division is now looking for an innovative, digital-minded, enthusiastic and result-oriented TEST MINE DIGITALIZATION LEAD to take ownership of our digitalization projects inside our on-site Tampere Test Mine. Our state-of-the-art Test Mine sees over 2000 visitors a year and provides testing grounds for our underground equipment. The Test Mine spans over five kilometers of tunnels underground, and serves all Sandvik divisions in research, product development and training, and is home to our AutoMine® and OptiMine® showrooms. This is a position unlike any other, as you will be working underground and visiting the various parts of the test mine yourself in an interesting role that combines project management, product ownership and stakeholder relations.
As a Test Mine Digitalization Lead, you have a key role in building the future of our Tampere Test Mine. Your responsibilities include planning, leading, monitoring, executing and controlling our digitalization projects. You are not afraid to roll up your sleeves, and actively look for new solutions and take ownership of our Test Mine’s digitalization projects from start to finish and offer your expertise even after the project has been implemented. You will also have the opportunity to actively develop our project management processes and ways of working. You will be able to see the results of your projects first-hand inside the Test Mine, thirty meters underground. While you have an autonomous approach to your work, you will be working closely with the Test Mine team as well as both external and internal stakeholders and suppliers.
Your main responsibilities include
• Leading and reporting projects around digitalization and automation including managing cost and schedule, active and effective communication across the project lifetime
• Specifying the needs, finding available solutions or partners, solution tailoring for Test Mine, piloting and deployment of our digitalization projects
• Creating new ways of using digital tools to improve efficiency and transparency of Test Mine activities and offering
• Creating and maintaining our Digitalization roadmap
• Developing and participating in the visitor experience of our Test Mine
• Experience in project work and/or management – experience in digitalization projects is a plus
• Always actively driving for results and solutions, instead of just reporting statuses
• Interest in digital solutions and the mining industry
• Ability to link available digital technologies to our Test Mine environment
• A hands-on, autonomous approach to your work
• Ready to work in an underground Test Mine environment, fifteen to thirty meters underground
You have networking, presentation, and negotiation skills and enjoy working with people. You are able to deliver within the project deadlines. You take your own initiative, and you are self-guided with a strong problem-solving attitude even under pressure. You are eager to learn new things, and demonstrate a high service attitude, communicating with a wide variety of internal and external stakeholders fluently, in both English and Finnish.
What we offer to you?
We offer you an interesting role with high impact and high visibility, in a truly international and unique environment as well as opportunities for your professional development. We want to add value to your development by offering an opportunity to work in a team who embrace Sandvik core values of Customer Focus, Innovation, Passion to Win and Fair Play. At Sandvik, we encourage an inclusive working environment and strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspective and background will lead to a better environment for our employees, our business and thereby, our customers. We are currently working in a hybrid mode so you will have the opportunity to work flexibly either on-site or remotely.
Visit our stories hub, LinkedIn, Facebook and We Make the Shift - Advancing the World through Engineering to get to know us better.
Want to join our team?
The recruitment process is conducted in collaboration with Barona IT and the employment contract will be signed directly with Sandvik. Submit your CV and application by Monday 13th of June through the Barona Careers page.
For further information about this position, please contact Tech Recruitment Consultant Julia Räsänen +358 44 052 8889 or e-mail email@example.com
Job ID: R0041025