Who we are and what we do?
Speed has always been in our DNA. Become a member of our team and join us on the fast lane! With globally 4.000 employees and unlimited passion for mobility and innovation, Valmet Automotive is working on the future of the automobile. A clear focus on eDrive Engineering – paired with outstanding manufacturing competence – we are an experienced and visionary partner for development and production within an industry on the rise.
In our new Electric Vehicle Business Line (EVBL) we develop and manufacture battery systems from 48V up to High Voltage for automotive and industrial applications. Valmet Automotive covers the full range from contract manufacturing to a TIER1 system supplier.
Here’s where you’ll make an impact:
We are looking for a Test Engineer to our Battery Test Center in Uusikaupunki, Finland. In the role of Test Engineer you will set-up and operate battery tests in our Test Center and support the product development with needed test results.
Your job include:
- Commissioning of test automatization for high voltage battery system test operation.
- Setting up the test samples in the testbeds and responsibility for test executions according to test specifications and dimantling and analysing of the test samples and creating the test reports.
- Designing, planning and operating tests from the customer request to the final test report.
- Testing of battery modules & high voltage battery systems in accordance to system requirements and national & international automotive standards (e.g. LV123,LV124, ECE-R100 and others).
- Operation and design of restbus simulations.
- Programming of module and High voltage test benches and automation systems.
- Execution of typical design verification and product validation tests within the product development process.
- Test operation and realization of single tests and complete test sequences including documentation and creation of optimization measures.
- Close coordination and international teamwork with the system development departments.
- Participation in the evaluation of requirements & specifications.
We hope that you would have:
- M.Sc. or B.Sc. degree in the field of electrical engineering, automotive engineering, mechatronics or comparable qualification
- Experience in testing of high-voltage storage systems
- Experience in working with vector tools, Matlab, ideally experience of AVL software (Lynx or Puma)
- Experience in working with various data acquisition and evaluation tools
- Knowledge of experimental and testing methods, certificate as an electrician for work under HV-voltage
- Very good knowledge of MS Office
- Fluent spoken and written English
- Finnish and German language skills are an advantage
- Independent and structured way of working, quality awareness, analytical, solutions-oriented, communicative and team-oriented way of working
The latest development in the automotive industry – and ultimately our company – promises candidates an inspiring career. Where a long heritage as one of the world’s most significant car builders meets up with the spirit of unlimited opportunities is Valmet Automotive, offering you a sense of accomplishment and a feeling of creating something new. Of course, in the typical Nordic calmness at all nine locations in Finland, Germany and Poland.
Stefan Sommer, Director Testing
tel. +49 7136 9637 183 / +49 172 3781207 / email@example.com
Join the fast lane and send your application by 29.5.2022!