We not only have ambitious goals but also a clear agreement on how to achieve them: For us, the means are as important as the ends. Whatever your role at ABB, you can be sure you are helping to create a better world. From building sustainable power plants in remote corners of the world, or improving safety for workers in automotive factories, to developing new technologies to combat pollution, the work we do touches the lives of millions.
We are looking for a Test Engineer at ABB Oy, EP Solar unit in Helsinki. The position offers you a possibility to work with renewable energy solutions. You will be responsible for various engineering tasks of solar inverters, including the investigation and analysis of solar power inverters’ quality issues both in laboratories and on site in power plants.
• Solving quality issues by performing laboratory testing and analysis
• Performing and planning long term reliability tests
• Coordinating junior laboratory engineers
• Conducting detailed expert level site issue investigations on solar power plants
• A challenging position in an international working environment
• The possibility to work with renewable energy
• The possibility to grow to be an expert on inverter technology, issue analysis and quality
• The opportunity for professional development
• A B.Sc. or M.Sc. in electrical engineering
• A few years’ experience in a relevant position
• Knowledge of power electronics and electrical design
• Experience of working in electrical testing laboratory
• Systematic and analytical problem-solving skills
• Excellent co-operation and multitasking skills
• Excellent written and spoken communication skills in Finnish and English
Ideally, you have
• Knowledge of electronics and software engineering
• Knowledge of high power solar inverters or drives
• Experience in working on actual solar power plants
Interested in joining the crew? Apply for the position with the job ID FI66451398 by October 28, 2018 at www.abb.fi/uralle.
If you have questions, contact Kimmo Heinonen, tel. +358 50 332 2853.
ABB is a pioneering technology leader in electrification products, robotics and motion, industrial automation and power grids, serving customers in utilities, industry and transport & infrastructure globally. Continuing a history of innovation spanning more than 130 years, ABB today is writing the future of industrial digitalization with two clear value propositions: bringing electricity from any power plant to any plug and automating industries from natural resources to finished products. As title partner of Formula E, the fully electric international FIA motorsport class, ABB is pushing the boundaries of e-mobility to contribute to a sustainable future. ABB operates in more than 100 countries with about 135,000 employees of whom around 5,300 in Finland. www.abb.com