Are you a proactive and development-oriented tech-savvy, who enjoys working with hands-on tasks in a project environment? We are now looking for a Test Engineer for our client Vaisala to work on a project in relocating and developing test setups to a new R&D laboratory environment. This is a great opportunity to gain versatile project experience in a global company and deepen your understanding in the field of Vaisalas industrial measurement tools in an R&D environment. If you have a suitable educational background in electronics or automation, previous experience with working in an industrial environment, and a basic understanding of programming, read further and apply today!
ABOUT THE ROLE As a Test Engineer, you will join a project team working in R&D in Vaisalas Industrial Measurements business unit. As Vaisala has recently built a new R&D building, you will participate in the project of relocating test setups into a new R&D laboratory. Your role includes disassembling and relocating test setups as well as validating, improving, and updating new setups. In addition, you will develop and automate existing test setups using LabVIEW, which is why we expect you to have basic knowledge of programming. Working together with the project team, you will play a key role in ensuring that the project runs smoothly.
You are offered
* Responsible and versatile role in a global work environment
* Support and learning opportunities from an experienced team of professionals
As a consultant at Academic Work, you are offered a great opportunity to grow as a professional, extend your network and establish valuable contacts for the future.
* Disassembling and relocation of test setups
* Validating and updating new test setups
* Developing and automating existing setups
WE ARE LOOKING FOR
* A suitable educational background (e.g., electronics / automation)
* Previous experience in installation tasks in an industrial environment
* Basic knowledge of programming (LabVIEW / Python / Visual Basic)
* Fluent English skills
Previous work experience in building test setups as well as basic understanding of various measurement technologies is seen as an advantage. Additionally, experience in Swagelok tubes is also seen as an advantage, but training is also available.
As a person you are:
* Tech-savvy - you are a hands-on personality with a genuine interest in technology and technical products
* Team player and you enjoy working with others as a team
* Proactive and self-imposed but not afraid to ask for help if needed
* Start: September 2021
* Work extent: 4 months with the possibility to discuss about extension
* Location: Vantaa
* Contact information: This recruitment process is conducted by Academic Work. It is a request from Vaisala that all questions regarding the position is handled by
Our selection process is continuous, and the advert may close before the recruitment process is completed if we have moved forward to the screening or interview phase.
OTHER INFORMATION Vaisala is a global leader in weather, environmental, and industrial measurements headquartered in Vantaa, Finland. Based on 80 years of experience, Vaisala provides its customers reliable measurement solutions and services to support better decision-making, security, and efficiency.