Test Automation Lead, Elisa Automate (Helsinki, Tampere)
Would you like to join a growing team of professionals who are providing state-of-the-art automation solutions for international customers?
Elisa Automate is a team within Elisa's international business domain and the start to a great success story. We started our journey as an internal startup. We managed to automate our own network so well that we now offer our automation solution to operators worldwide, to help them with automation in planning, operations and optimization of radio networks.
Our agile team is now scaling further and looking for new talented members to join the crew. We do software development with modern tools, DevOps practices and tech stack.
We are looking for a Test Automation Lead to guide our team and help us scale up our Virtual Network Operation Center (Virtual NOC) product. Elisa's NOC has been fully automated since 2010. Today, no one is required to operate the NOC, and we are now selling this solution to customers worldwide.
Your main tasks would include:
- Oversight of the agile development process with regard to quality culture and developing it together with development teams and business stakeholders
- Continuous development & maintenance of our automated test suites across service components
- Creating new, meaningful tests that provide information on quality of our software before deploying it into production.
- Continuous maintenance and review of existing tests as product evolves; Keeping tests up-to-date and reliable.
- Analysis of test results and reporting found bugs; Communication of test status and results.
We offer you a supportive and extremely professional team and an employee who trusts its employers with as much freedom and responsibility as you feel comfortable with. You'll have the chance to develop your own skills in a scrum, flexible and energetic work atmosphere with nice and notably top-class colleagues, caring leaders, growth possibilities and yummy employee benefits including our brand new office premises in Pasila, Helsinki.
In return we expect some things from you:
- Proven experience of leading testing activities, automation and processes, including coaching and growing team members
- A solid understanding of modern test automation tools and processes, as well as CI-systems as part of software development
- Passion for software testing and test automation and eagerness to take these to the next level
- Hands on experience in creating and maintaining (scripted) automated tests
- Knowledge of different test types and test design techniques, ability to choose best suitable ones for different situations.
- English language skills
The important technical skills to master are:
- Key technologies: Robot Framework, Jenkins, Selenium, Ansible
- Better than basic programming skills (e.q. Python, Kotlin)
- Different test automation tools
- Version control tools (Git or equivalent)
- Bug management tools (JIRA, Bugzilla or equivalent)
- Experience with DevOps and orchestration tools like Kubernetes, Drone / Github, CI/CD
- Knowledge about various SQL databases example MySQL, MariaDB
We are not your ordinary telco corporation. Working in our team is, according to the team members, very much like working in a startup - except you don't have to worry about the financial aspects.
Our team is highly international, and our working language is English. Most of our team is based in Helsinki and some in Tampere, but like the rest of the elisians, we can work flexibly wherever and whenever it suits us best. Elisa is by proof one of the best places to work in Finland, and we can't wait for you to join us! Check out more reasons to join us.
Sounds like your cup of tea? Shoot us an application as soon as possible and we will get in touch with you! For questions or further discussion, don't hesitate to get in touch with Otso at otso.palonen[at]elisa.fi.
We will perform a legitimate security clearance on the chosen candidate, which in turn requires having been a resident of Finland for a good number of years before the security clearance can be done.