We not only have ambitious goals but also a clear agreement on how to achieve them: For us, the means are as important as the ends. Whatever your role at ABB, you can be sure you are helping to create a better world. From building sustainable power plants in remote corners of the world, or improving safety for workers in automotive factories, to developing new technologies to combat pollution, the work we do touches the lives of millions.
We are looking for a Test Automation Engineer at ABB Oy, Drives in Helsinki. In this position, you will be responsible for creating and maintaining an automated build and test infrastructure for ABB drives frequency converters. You will work closely with software development and other test engineers to ensure high quality automated builds, testing and deployment in our global organization.
• Developing and maintaining Drives frequency converters CI infrastructure
• Planning, designing, and developing test cases for the automatic environment
• Analyzing test failure causes and supporting development teams in debugging problems
• Maintaining awareness of industry best practices in build and test automation
• Providing input for continuous improvement and optimizing test tools and processes
• A challenging position in an international working environment
• The possibility to adjust details of position according to your background as well as your personal skills and interests
• The opportunity to further your career by acting as a product owner for CI / testing team
• B.Sc. or M.Sc. in computer science, automation or electrical engineering
• Knowledge of embedded software testing at different levels
• Knowledge of CI and testing tools (e.g. Git, Jenkins, MS Test, Google test, Microsoft TFS)
• Software development skills / background (e.g. C, C++, C#, Python)
• An understanding of SW development in embedded environments
• Good spoken and written skills in English and Finnish
• A positive attitude and a troubleshooting approach
Ideally, you have
• Experience of frequency converters
• Knowledge of electronics
• Experience in working in an Agile environment (e.g. Scrum, Kanban, Scrumban)
• ISTQB certifications (e.g. certified tester, agile tester)
• Experience in test management
Interested in joining the crew? Apply for the position with the job ID FI63736839 by February 16, 2018 at www.abb.fi/uralle.
If you have questions, contact Ilkka Pekkarinen, tel. +358 50 3322834.
ABB is a pioneering technology leader in electrification products, robotics and motion, industrial automation and power grids, serving customers in utilities, industry and transport & infrastructure globally. Continuing more than a 125-year history of innovation, ABB today is writing the future of industrial digitalization and driving the Energy and Fourth Industrial Revolutions. ABB operates in more than 100 countries with about 136,000 employees and of them around 5,100 in Finland. www.abb.com