We not only have ambitious goals but also a clear agreement on how to achieve them: For us, the means are as important as the ends. Whatever your role at ABB, you can be sure you are helping to create a better world. From building sustainable power plants in remote corners of the world, or improving safety for workers in automotive factories, to developing new technologies to combat pollution, the work we do touches the lives of millions.
We are looking for a senior electrical R&D engineer at ABB Oy, Motors and Generators unit in Helsinki. In this position, you will be engaged in electromagnetic research and the development of electrical machines, adopting the role of senior scientist in our global organization.
• Acting as principal researcher in the field of electromagnetics
• Developing calculation methods for ABB’s internal calculation programs
• Working in cooperation with ABB’s global and local units
• A challenging position with varied tasks in the global Technology function
• The opportunity for personal development
• The opportunity to further your career in a global company
• M.Sc. or doctorate in electrical engineering
• Knowledge of electrical machines
• Programming skills in some main programming languages
• Fluent written and spoken communication skills in English
Ideally, you have
• Fluent communication skills in Finnish
• Prior knowledge of project based working methods
Interested in joining the crew? Apply for the position with the job ID FI66169768 by September 16, 2018 at www.abb.fi/uralle.
If you have questions, contact Jan Westerlund, tel. +358 50 332 3795.
ABB is a pioneering technology leader in electrification products, robotics and motion, industrial automation and power grids, serving customers in utilities, industry and transport & infrastructure globally. Continuing a history of innovation spanning more than 130 years, ABB today is writing the future of industrial digitalization with two clear value propositions: bringing electricity from any power plant to any plug and automating industries from natural resources to finished products. As title partner of Formula E, the fully electric international FIA motorsport class, ABB is pushing the boundaries of e-mobility to contribute to a sustainable future. ABB operates in more than 100 countries with about 135,000 employees of whom around 5,300 in Finland. www.abb.com