Technology Manager, Design
At Neste we develop new solutions to address the global need for more sustainable transportation. We have now started to work with a promising technology to convert forestry residues into fuel. Are you going to be one of our leaders who will make this happen?
We are looking for a
Technology Manager, Design
to join Neste's New Business unit for Lignocellulosics & Venturing/Acquisitions. While offering you some flexibility, you should primarily work at our Porvoo facility where your team will be while often commuting to our head office in Espoo. Success in the role will also require some international travel.
Your part in Neste’s journey
As Technology Manager, Design you will lead the design & engineering work through different phases of our project funnel eventually aiming at a positive investment decision for a plant producing renewable fuels from forest residues.
In your role, you will
- Work closely with Neste Engineering Solutions line managers to build the best team for you to lead through each project phase
- Collaborate with the leaders of Technology and Feedstock streams, e.g. to get validation data for the design
- Work with technology and solution providers outside Neste
- Have a key position and a vantage point to a unique, ground-braking project
Keys to success in this role
The best combination of experiences, skills and background is
- Master's degree in Chemical engineering or related field
- At least 5 years of practical experience in engineering and design of which
- At least 3 years of experience in project management with a proven track record
- Good people skills
- Good knowledge of English
- Ability to work with multiple stakeholders, internal and external
We also value
- Perseverance, curiosity and proactivity
- Work experience from biofuels, refining or pulping
In accordance, we believe in people who find new ways of doing things – people for whom safety and sustainability are part of their professional skills. Customer mindset is essential to all of us at Neste and we work hard to find the best solutions for our customers. We believe everyone is a leader and share a natural desire for collaboration. If all this, as well as our values on responsibility, cooperation, innovation and excellence resonate with you, you are the talent we are looking for.
Come and do meaningful work in a community that has its eyes set forward!
If you have any questions regarding the process or the position, please get in touch with Head of Initiative, BELT Mikko Laiterä p. +358 50 458 3804 on Thursday July 8th, Thursday July 15th or Thursday July 22nd between 14:00 and 15:30.
Please submit your application by August 25th 2019. Please include your CV and Cover Letter attached to your application.
The recruitment process includes interviews and aptitude testing. The first interviews are preliminary scheduled to take place during the last week of August.
The person selected for the position must pass a health examination including a drug test. A security clearance is obtained for the persons with their consent.