TECHNICAL TEAM LEAD
Alkuperäinen julkaisupäivä 18.11.2019
Would you be inspired to lead a team of enthusiastic and talented career shifters in the beginning of their IT career? Do you love coding but also enjoy helping others to learn? If you want to be a part of a pioneering education innovation that makes it possible for anyone to learn how to code in 12 weeks, read further!
ABOUT THE ROLEAre you
* looking for something different - a role where you can combine your interest in tech & people?
* motivated to be part of the change within IT education in Finland?
* ready to have a real impact in the lives of future talents in the beginning of their IT career?
In addition to this we offer you:
* A unique role combining working with the latest technologies and a highly motivated junior IT consultant team
* The possibility to create and develop your own role with the help of your colleagues
* A supportive and positive working environment
* Good benefits: for example, one week of extra vacation per year, a weekly wellness hour to use as you choose and free access to gym and spa located at our office
What is Academy?
According to industry statistics, Finland currently has a shortage of about 10 000 people with the right IT-skills. That is why we have started Academy, a school providing 12-week-Accelerated Learning boot camps. The boot camps are free of charge for participants, and we guarantee everyone a job as a junior IT consultant after the program. Read more about Academy here.
During their 12 weeks at Academy, the participants acquire a basic technical skill set to be able to start working in junior IT positions at Academic Works client companies after they graduate. Some consultants start working at client companies right after the program, but most of them spend some time working for Academic Work in various projects until the client project is found.
This is where you jump in: we are now looking for a Technical Team Lead to be responsible for the consultants development after graduation. During the time the consultants work for Academic Work (before employment at client companies) they work with various projects. As Technical Team Lead, your main task is to help and support the consultants in these projects and technical matters and be a Product Owner for some of the projects.
JOB DUTIESYou will be responsible for Academy consultants technical skills and development after their graduation.
* Helping, teaching and supporting the consultants in technical matters and projects
* Be a product owner for some of the consultants projects
* Coaching the consultants in their development, for example have regular one on ones and trainings
* Coaching the consultants when they go to client interviews
* Develop the training the consultants have after graduation, and this way make the whole Academy concept better
WE ARE LOOKING FOR
* You have previous working experience as an IT consultant or developer (minimum of one year)
* You have good knowledge of at least one programming language
* You are fluent in English
* Start: According to contract / As soon as possible
* Work extent: Permanent
* Location: Keilaranta 4, Espoo (one minute from the metro station)