We not only have ambitious goals but also a clear agreement on how to achieve them: For us, the means are as important as the ends. Whatever your role at ABB, you can be sure you are helping to create a better world. From building sustainable power plants in remote corners of the world, or improving safety for workers in automotive factories, to developing new technologies to combat pollution, the work we do touches the lives of millions.
We are looking for a Technical Support Engineer at ABB Oy, Drives unit in Helsinki. You will be working in the Product Engineering and Quality department, providing technical support for wind turbine converters. In this position, you will play a key role in communication between R&D, suppliers, manufacturing, and customers.
• Providing technical support for wind turbine converters for local ABB sales units and directly for large OEM customers
• Varied activities, from answering technical questions to solving quality issues, making warranty decisions and coordinating spare part deliveries
• Playing a key role in communication between R&D, suppliers, manufacturing and end customers
• A challenging position in an international working environment
• The opportunity for personal development
• The opportunity to further your career in a global company
• The opportunity to develop both your technical expertise in various fields and understanding of quality improvement processes
• A B.Sc. or M.Sc.in electrical engineering
• A few years’ experience in a relevant position
• Knowledge of power electronics and electrical design
• Systematic and analytical problem-solving skills
• Excellent co-operation and multitasking skills
• Excellent written and spoken communication skills in English and Finnish
Ideally, you have
• Knowledge of electronics and mechanical engineering
• An understanding of production processes
• Lean Six Sigma knowledge
• A good command of production control systems, such as SAP
• Knowledge of full-power and double-fed wind turbine converters
Interested in joining the crew? Apply for the position with the job ID FI66265278 by September 16, 2018 at www.abb.fi/uralle.
If you have questions, contact Mikko Loitokari, tel. +358 50 332 6128.
ABB (ABBN: SIX Swiss Ex) is a pioneering technology leader in power grids, electrification products, industrial automation and robotics and motion, serving customers in utilities, industry and transport & infrastructure globally. Continuing a history of innovation spanning more than 130 years, ABB today is writing the future of industrial digitalization with two clear value propositions: bringing electricity from any power plant to any plug and automating industries from natural resources to finished products. As title partner in ABB Formula E, the fully electric international FIA motorsport class, ABB is pushing the boundaries of e-mobility to contribute to a sustainable future. ABB operates in more than 100 countries with about 147,000 employees. www.abb.com