Do you have software testing and QA experience? Exploratory testing or building test automation? Have you been considering a switch to information security?
We are looking for people who would like to become security consultants, doing security testing, design review, architectural security analysis and supporting product people. We are especially interested in modern infrastructure cloud, embedded/hardware, and modern web applications experience. We can offer an environment filled with like-minded people. Whether you're into offense or defense, rest assured, we are an equal opportunity employer.
- Performing high-end security testing (including penetration testing, vulnerability assessments and configuration reviews). We pride ourselves with risk-driven, exploratory work.
- Advising clients on complex security issues both verbally and in written form.
- Supporting clients' developers and product management on security requirements, threat modeling and privacy engineering.
- Be an upstanding colleague!
What are we looking for?
We are happy to help you grow within F-Secure, but we hope you don't join us empty-handed. Obviously, any prior information security expertise is valuable, but as we're welcoming career switchers, it is more important to have a solid background in software and testing, and willingness to learn. Things that are crucial include:
- Practical experience of risk-driven testing and technical quality assurance
- Solid Unix and/or Windows skills - on the command line
- In a pinch, you will be able to write a tool in at least one language
- You read and understand code fluently
- Some technical areas that we are most interested in:
- Cloud native and microservice architecture (e.g. using Kubernetes)
- Cloud services (IaaS on AWS/GCP/Azure, SaaS such as O365)
- Embedded devices and hardware, including IoT, ICS, etc.
- Modern web applications
Who you are:
- You are a focused self-starter, with high capacity for rapid learning
- You have the positive can-do attitude to bloom in a fast-paced, high-performance team
- You have a firm ethical compass
- You have impeccable communication skills in both written and verbal English
- A Bachelor’s Degree, or equivalent life experience or training
- Existing security testing skills or certifications (e.g. cloud providers' security certifications)
- Understanding GDPR or other compliance frameworks/standards (never hurt a technical person, either)
- Flexibility to travel every now and then, time travelers preferred
What will you get from us
- A chance to do what you are passionate about and still get paid for it
- An opportunity to grow your skills and boost your experience in IT Security
- A competitive compensation package along with extra benefits to further strengthen your career and interests goes without saying
- Working from wherever you want (as long as within the borders of Finland)
As part of the F-Secure Consulting team you will be working with some of the best technical security people in the world with a wide variety of passions and skills. We've been working years to acquire and retain highly skilled individuals – many of those who have left the team, have later returned after a brief stint elsewhere. If you like helping people to secure their systems and challenge conventional wisdom, F-Secure Consulting has got your back.
See yourself here? Bring your best self and apply now!
A security background check will be conducted for the selected candidate, in accordance with the Finnish Security Clearance act 726/2014.