Technical Sales Manager, UPM Biochemicals, Lignin Team
Are you looking to join a dynamic, innovation-driven, international company, building a better future for us all? UPM leads the forest based bioindustry into a sustainable, innovation-driven, and exciting future. The competence, integrity and drive of our people make us unique. We live by our values – trust and be trusted, achieve together, renew with courage.
We are now looking a Technical Sales Manager to join our UPM Biochemicals Lignin Team.
At UPM Biochemicals Lignin Business, we develop and commercialize lignin-based products and ready-to-implement solutions for a variety of industries and applications, within the context of UPM, The Biofore Company.
Lignin, an abundant, 100% bio-based, non-food related, non-toxic, cost-effective, and versatile material, offers exciting opportunities for producers of resins, adhesives, binders, polymer compounds, etc.
While implementing lignin-based solutions, we are continuously exploring new application areas, in close co-operation with a large network of partners around the globe.
Greetings from your future colleague
“Welcome to the UPM Biochemicals Lignin Team. We are excited to work together with you on developing UPM`s lignin business, one of UPM´s most dynamic new ventures in the field of biochemicals to the next level.” -Sanna Valkonen
What you’ll do
- Design product development programs in the field of thermoset resins based on renewable raw materials
- Plan and oversee application testing in laboratory and pilot scale
- Prepare technical reports and documentation to support application development and technical marketing
- Participate implementation projects and Technical Customer Service activities worldwide
Who you are
We want a strong team player who feels comfortable in various cultural contexts. The position also requires readiness to travel.
- You have a Master´s degree in chemistry, chemical engineering, or other equivalent qualification/experience
- You have at least 3 years working experience in the relevant field
- You have a strong knowledge and practical understanding of thermoset binders and adhesive formulations. In addition knowledge of wood based panel production is seen as an asset
- You are strongly customer-oriented and you enjoy closely co-operating with our customers in various countries
- You have a results oriented and ‘hands-on’ attitude
- You have excellent verbal and written communication skills in English, other languages are considered as an asset
This is what we offer for you
- Meaningful job: You can be part of the success story from start-up to global, multi- million business. Our work highlights the expertise of our personnel, the high quality of our products and the company's values.
- Inspired and motivated teams: We are a highly committed, agile, international team that works to achieve our mission.
- Development opportunities: Grow as we grow. With us you can build up your expertise. As a fast growing business, we provide great opportunities to support for your development within a large multinational company.
- Responsibility for people and environment: Our ethical principles embrace people as well as the environment. At UPM Biochemicals, it is our mission to build a more sustainable future, based on innovative products from renewable raw materials.
Location of the position is Lappeenranta or Helsinki.
For more information please contact hiring manager Sanna Valkonen, email@example.com or tel. +358 443753488
Please apply via the link and attach your CV at the latest 26th of May 2019.
For support with submitting your application, please contact HR Service Center at firstname.lastname@example.org or tel. +358204146600.
A security background check may be performed for those selected to UPM positions, in accordance with the company recruitment guidelines and the Security Clearance Act 726/2014.
UPM is a non-smoking workplace in Finland.