Technical Expert/ Technology Manager
Finnish Minerals Group
We are now looking for a Technical Expert or Technology Manager to join our Technology team of five members from January 2021 or as agreed. Depending on your experience, you will start as a Technical Expert in minerals and metals processing or as a Technology Manager within our company.
- You will follow-up, monitor, as well as develop our portfolio companies and projects upstream in the minerals and metals processing value chain.
- You will be responsible for technical part of due diligence processes carried out at our portfolio companies and for our potential investment/development cases.
- You will help in designing and coordinating R&D projects for the development, piloting and optimisation of production processes.
- In addition, you will contribute to scoping, pre-feasibility and feasibility studies for new unit processes.
- Part of your work requires competence in the coordination and preparation of R&D as well as demonstration projects funded by organisations such as EU and Business Finland.
- M.Sc. degree in mineral processing, engineering or mineralogy
- Minimum of five years’ experience within mineral industry
- Ability and experience to evaluate economic potential of projects based on technical data
- Willingness to take responsibility and ability to learn and apply new things fast
- Project management skills
- Good communications and reporting skills both in Finnish and English
- Ability to interact with different stakeholders
- Willingness to travel
Considered an advantage
- Experience or knowledge on some of these topics: geology, mining engineering, batteries and battery chemistry, statistical analysis, modelling, industrial processes, environmental responsibility
- Experience in due diligence processes
What we are offering
- Versatile and interesting tasks
- A broad overlook to a rapidly evolving industry
- An opportunity to work towards mitigating climate change
- Competitive employment benefits and good professional development opportunities
Location and website
Any questions? For more information, please, contact our Chief Technology Officer Jani Kiuru, +358 40 823 8471 on Friday 20 November at 11:00–13:00 or Tuesday 24 November at 13:00– 15:00.
Ready to join us? Please submit your CV and cover letter titled ‘Technical Expert’ via our recruitment partner Boyden’s website by Wednesday 2 December 2020.