We are looking for a Technical Designer to strengthen the research and development of Bags& Accessories team in the Design department. Technical Designer is the key connection between our design and sourcing. To succeed in the position, you need experience in technical instructions, modelling, fashion design and production process. You need to understand the main features of industrial production. You are familiar with different materials and components and you have good knowledge of printing techniques and understanding of print making. You take initiative and you are a solid professional in your field of experience. You are not afraid to take responsibility and are eager to work within many different tasks in the design and product development team. The position is based in Marimekko HQ in Helsinki, Finland.
- Technical product design process, technical instructions and the accuracy of the product instructions
- Inspecting and commenting on samples
- Working with print designs: colorings and commenting on print samples
- Product testing and analysis
- Assisting in collection work under Design Manager
- Assisting freelance designers
- Cooperation with suppliers if needed
The job requires:
- Holistic approach to industrial manufacturing process and product quality
- Good knowledge of bags and accessories product range and various materials
- More than two years experience in tehcnical design
- Studies in design; especially the technical part of fashion work
- Fluent written and verbal communication skills in English – Finnish is an advantage
- Excellent Illustrator, In Design, Photoshop and MS Office skills
- Good at working under pressure
- Excellent in team work
At Marimekko we encourage people to be themselves. We believe in fairness and doing things together, using common sense and finding joy in our work. If you connect with these values and have the right background, then we can offer you a unique opportunity to work in an exciting, international environment.
Please fill in an application in English including your CV, personal letter and salary request on our website at http://company.marimekko.com/careers/vacancies by 19.2.2018.
For futher information, please contact Design and Product Development Studio Manager Taru Lahti by phone +358 44 769 5225 any day during 14:00-15:00 or via email at taru.lahti(at)marimekko.com.
- Ilmoitusnumero: 1099493
- Työsuhde: Vakituinen työsuhde
- Työn tyyppi: Kokopäiväinen
- Hakuosoite: www-osoite
- Sijainti: Helsinki