This position requires Finnish language skills!
Are you engaged in technical investigations of various potentially complex problems, across both older and modern tech? We have Finland’s biggest loyalty system of paying bonuses to customers upwards of 100M per year. As part of SOK Loyalty’s DevOps squad you will be solving various technical incidents across all our brands inside our massive database.
SOK IT, Development & Design
We are a collection of 400 unique and diverse talents in Finland inside the 40,000 person S-Group which is Finland’s largest private employer. We are tasked with providing expert and strategic guidance to all of S-Group, its cooperatives and its owners, who are ultimately, millions of regular Finns. So essentially our shareholders, are you! We are therefore motivated to excel not by increasing profits for a small group of the 1%, rather to help our neighbors, our families, our fellow Finns and ex-pat neighbors, ourselves.
We are uniquely positioned inside S-Group with billions of rows of data from multiple use cases and business domains, all intimately connected to Finns as they/we go about our daily routines. We build SW products, apps and services highlighted by the regular dialogue between digital and IRL worlds, which genuinely makes our work consistently intriguing. We are design conscious, we believe in community internally and externally, pride ourselves on our open source commitment, our blossoming DevOps culture, and our use of modern tools and democratic development standards for an holistic philosophy to modern and pure software development practices.
- Investigation and resolution of end user and API subscriber issues with the help of available monitoring and AWS tools
- Support technical development of incident process from detection to correction
- Close cooperation with application operations partners and ownership of run books and training
- Support data security and protection related tasks and investigations
- Active participant in continuous improvement of SOK Loyalty’s IT operations
You will be an active member of the DevOps team with the opportunity to learn from a team of experienced developers and try out your skills in your areas of interest. This role offers a lot of possibilities to develop outside of this domain and is a great stepping stone for more senior developer roles as well as Ops and Site Reliability roles. You will work closely with all channels that S group offers, s-kaupat, s-mobile, ABC mobile, and partners like KnowIT, CapGemini and other important vendors.
We look for
- Applicable education/degree (Computer Science, Engineering)
- 1-2 years of experience from technical business application support, system admin or developer roles
- Proven hands-on skills in modern cloud solutions. Especially AWS is considered an advantage
- Passion for technical problem solving and continuous improvement
- Experience in using observability and monitoring tools (Splunk, Dynatrace, Cloudwatch). Tool configuration skills are an advantage
- Proficient in Finnish and English
- Team player with a learning attitude and strive to develop
- Familiarity with agile working methodology
- Skills in programming languages
- Competence with Github CI/CD and Jira
What we offer you
- Possibility to design and build systems that have an effect on daily lives of millions of people
- Stable, flexible and development-oriented working environment based on responsible and co-operative principles
- Community of skilled IT professionals and peer support
- Reasonable workload and a possibility to choose your daily work rhythm
- As a large organization we have room to grow professionally and diverse career opportunities
- Wide range of employee benefits from our own products and services as well as partners
- The usual: occupational healthcare, sports and culture benefit and lunch benefit in our staff restaurant
Please submit your English CV and cover letter here. If you are a match, one of our recruiters will be in touch with you promptly! Once contact has been made, you will have the opportunity to ask what questions you may have about this job, our people, and what your future could look like at SOK.
Our interview process is comprehensive, and relatively painless. You will meet our hiring manager, your future teammates, and our HR team to give you a realistic picture of what it’s like to work here. As with our working culture, our candidate process exudes a nurturing environment of psychological safety coupled by a qualitative and quantitative analysis of your compatibility, technically and socially. In short: we are good people, looking for more, good people.
We look forward to meeting you!