F-Secure delivers research-led cyber security to defend organizations, society and people from real-world attacks and build resilience into their approach. Our people are a mix of technical and creative experts – diverse, talented, and passionate people – working tirelessly to help us advance the industry with new ways of thinking. They lead their own development, in and out of the office. They call the shots when it comes to building a place to call home in our organization.
F-Secure is currently looking for a Team Manager to join our global team. The successful candidate will help to deliver our Managed Detection and Response (MDR) service, Countercept, which defends organizations against targeted cyber-attacks, by managing the MDR development team. The MDR development team designs and develops key technologies that internal operations teams use to defend our customers.
We are looking for a Team Manager with a strong background in software development, who can enable the team to maximize their output, guide their development and deliver applications centered around the needs of the users. processes, software quality and release automation.
- Lead a team of software engineers to deliver against an established roadmap and emerging user requirements.
- Support the team in developing user stories into designs and development activities, accompanied with estimates and likely challenges.
- Develop and encourage modern software engineering processes, from design, to QA and release.
- Atlassian Jira, Bitbucket, Confluence
- The ElasticSearch stack
- CI/CD technologies
What we are looking for…
- 3+ years' experience in leading software engineering teams.
- Strong leadership and communication.
- Full Software Development Life Cycle experience with two or more end-to-end product deliveries.
- Familiarity with Python, Rust and Go.
- Degree educated, with at least a 2.1 in a numerate subject such as Computer Science, Maths, Engineering.
- Innovative mindset, to work on unique solutions to common problems.
- Ability to grasp the inner workings and philosophy of the F-Secure Countercept service.
- Experience developing data processing solutions for a security product.
- Experience developing solutions using AWS and AWS-native services.
- Experience coding with Python, Rust, Go.
Our four promises to you…
- You will work in a global, flexible, agile and dynamic environment where the output directly contributes to the successful defense of organizations against today’s threat actors and cyber-crime gangs.
- You will have the freedom and flexibility to define new methods and products for solving real world challenges.
- You will develop your expertise in current technologies whilst increasing your exposure to the information security space.
- You will work together with experienced and enthusiastic colleagues, and within F-Secure you will find some of the best minds in the cyber security industry.