Team Leader, Oil Products Communications
Are you passionate about sustainability and transformation and looking for a communications job with a purpose in an inspiring and evolving business environment?
Neste has an ambitious target to become a global leader in renewable and circular solutions. We refine waste, residues and innovative raw materials into fuels and sustainable feedstock for plastics and other materials. In line with our purpose of “Creating a healthier planet for our children”, our Oil Products business is undergoing a major transformation. Neste has an ambition to make our Porvoo refinery in Finland the most sustainable refinery in Europe by 2030. We will replace crude oil based raw materials with renewable and circular raw materials, such as liquefied plastic waste, and significantly reduce the refinery’s greenhouse gas emissions. We aim to reach carbon neutral production by 2035.
We are now looking for a
Team Leader, Oil Products Communications
to help Neste’s Oil Products (OP) business to succeed in its major transformation. In this role, you will lead a small team of communications experts focused on supporting OP in its business communications in Finland and internationally, as well as in its refinery communications, both internally and externally.
Your main responsibilities in creating a sustainable future are
- As a dedicated business partner and part of the OP business unit’s leadership team, you lead and execute the OP’s external and internal communications.
- Create OP’s communications strategy, develop and align messaging and manage reputation.
- Support the business unit’s leadership in strategy and change communications and employee engagement.
- Manage media relations, issues management and crisis communications within the business unit.
- Support the business unit’s key spokespersons in their communications towards the media and other stakeholders.
- Continue developing and communicating Porvoo refinery’s narrative as the sustainability transformation journey continues.
- Support business unit sales and marketing teams with PR and reputation management in launching new products and offerings based on renewable and recycled raw materials.
- Lead business unit’s impactful safety communications.
- Build upon Neste story to develop locally relevant messaging and positive reputation for Neste in the Porvoo region and among the Kilpilahti industrial area’s local stakeholders.
- Lead and manage communications support for strategic projects, such as regular major turnarounds and multiple simultaneously ongoing change and development projects at the Porvoo refinery.
Similarly to other communicators supporting Neste businesses, you will be a part of Neste’s international Business Communications team within Neste’s Corporate Communications. You will report to the Head of Business Communications and work particularly closely with other communicators supporting Neste’s businesses in their communications globally, as well as sustainability and innovation communicators. This full-time position will be located at Neste’s headquarters in Espoo, Finland and will include regular working days at the Porvoo refinery.
The best combination to success in this role
- Master’s degree in Communications or other relevant field
- 7+ years of relevant experience, some of which preferably in a manufacturing/production environment
- Solid hands on experience in strategic communications, media relations, crisis communications and issues management
- Track record of successfully developing communications strategies and plans and managing multiple simultaneous communications projects
- Ability to produce compelling content, e.g. texts, for multiple communications channels, by simplifying complex matters into easy to understand messages
- Fluency in Finnish and English, both written and spoken communications
- Previous experience in a managerial/leadership role considered an advantage
- Previous experience in providing direct support to executives/leadership team in their communications considered an advantage
- Experience in safety communications considered an advantage
- Interest in topics related to renewable energy and sustainability considered an advantage
- Strong team player with excellent interpersonal skills, positive mindset and energetic, practical attitude towards work
- Ability to network and cooperate effectively with colleagues across Neste and external partners
Please submit your application with a cover letter and CV by 10 July, 2022.
If you have any questions regarding the process or the position, please get in touch with Sari Lehmuskallio, Head of Business Communications, tel. +358 50 458 9251 on Tuesday 28 June between 1 pm and 2:30 pm EET or Friday 1 July between 11 am and 12:30 pm EET.
The recruitment process will include interviews and aptitude assessment. The person selected for the position must pass a health examination including a drug test. A security clearance is obtained with their consent.
Join us in creating a healthier planet for our children.
Our success is based on our people who are the driving force behind Neste’s transformation to become a global leader in renewable and circular solutions. We are also committed to carbon neutral production by 2035. The passion that we have for creating a healthier planet for our children is what makes us unique.
We have set high standards for biodiversity, human rights and supply chain. We have consistently been included in the Dow Jones Sustainability Indices and the Global 100 list of the world’s most sustainable companies.
To carry out our strategy and business growth, our values guide our work. We support, develop and take care of the wellbeing of our people to enable them to grow, innovate and build our future.
We care. We have courage. We cooperate.
At Neste we want our people to feel good and do good. We provide clear and transparent targets, development opportunities, empowering leadership as well as rewards based on role and responsibilities.
Neste’s strategy is called ‘’Faster, Bolder and Together‘’. It reflects the understanding that there is no time to lose in combating climate change or helping to tackle the waste plastic challenge. In order to succeed, we need to act, innovate new solutions and deliver them faster and bolder than ever before – together.
In the end, it is the people who make the company. We are Neste.
For more information, please visit neste.com.