Team Lead – Software Development, Elisa Kirja (Helsinki)
Would you like to join a growing team of professionals who are creating the digital future? Do you have a passion to build innovative software within autonomous team and responsible mindset that ensures the quality team delivers?
We are Consumer Services Development, part of Elisa’s Software Services who innovates and develops digital products on customer need in a sustainable way. We are talented team of Designers, Architects and Engineers who are supported by modern management.
We are looking for Team Lead for our talented eBook and Audio book development team. Ideally, we are looking for a person who has already initial management experience of software development teams and possess the ability and passion for contributing to the service development.
About the role:
In short, you'll combine your skills as a hands-on Software Developer and a well-organised team lead. As a mentor and team-builder, you're able to motivate and inspire your colleagues – helping them both develop their own skills and drive the modernisation of the technical stack.
On a day-to-day basis, you'll also have the opportunity to:
- Coach, motivate and inspire an Agile service development team of 5-8 people
- Ensure team goals fit our business aims and be pragmatic about the tech you use
- Together with the developers, you define the architecture and the technologies used for the new software projects
- Roll up your sleeves and help your team when needed
- You are also responsible for the further hiring of new employees
About the work:
Your team will be focusing on design and development of Elisa Kirja web store (kirja.elisa.fi). and streaming service. This basically means combination of customer facing web and mobile applications and various back-end applications running the business processes, such as payment services, digital rights management and content discovery.
In order to achieve these, we
- Use programming languages like Python, PHP and Java
- Develop CI/CD pipelines the way it fits for our needs
- Use things like Containers, Drupal, ElasticSearch, Linux, MySQL, MongoDB
- Have agile mindset and work according to agile values
- Analyse collected data and check open customer feedback so we can improve our service
Your team works in multidiscipline environment. You will interact with business, marketing, design, engineering and together make decisions which are best for our customers.
What we expect:
We are hoping you can tick these boxes:
- Seniority and good experiment as a Software Developer, or in a related role. Experience as a team lead is an advantage
- Knowledge of current web technologies, frameworks, and practices
- Strong knowledge of PHP. Working knowledge of Java or other JVM languages is a big advantage - though not essential
- Confident in collaborating and communicating with non-technical stakeholders
- Able to build a positive team environment in which people feel valued and driven
What we offer:
- Compensation based on the work you do here and not your previous salary
- Health coverage for you and your family
- Ability to craft your calendar with flexible locations and schedules
- Generous number of vacation days each year
- Develop your skills with wide range of trainings, called learning paths and possibility to participate conferences
- Exchange ideas and meet fellow software professionals at regular company meetups
- Healthy organization that truly believes in sustainable life through digitalization
All members of our team and this position are based in Helsinki, but like the rest of the elisians, we can work very flexibly. Elisa is by proof one of the best places to work in Finland, and we can't wait for you to join us! Check out more reasons to join us.
For additional information, please contact Tommi Mahlamäki, Head of Consumer Services Development (tommi.mahlamaki(at)elisa.fi, tel. +358 50 506 54 44).
Please note, the interviews start immediately, and we’ll fill the position as soon as we find the right candidate.
We will perform a legitimate security clearance on the chosen candidate.