Team Lead, Logistics Coordination
Alkuperäinen julkaisupäivä 22.1.2020
In this role you will work in Vaisala’s Operations unit. We provide value to our customers with winning high mix-low volume supply chain network and we are passionate about driving operational excellence.
We are looking for:
We are looking for a Team Leader for Vaisala’s logistics coordination team to our office in Vantaa.
This role includes responsibilities of working as a team leader responsible for continuity and functionality of daily operative border crossing activities and a small team as well as export coordinator tasks preparing needed export documents and booking transportation.
You take part in developing own work area and work closely with other Vaisala Logistics teams, Manufacturing, Sales, Finance and Process Developers.
Your Key Responsibilities Include:
• Arranging timely deliveries worldwide and ensuring proper documentation for border crossing purposes
• Co-operation with Logistics Service Providers
• Daily management, problem solving and – prevention
• Personnel management and induction of new employees
• Proactively following production and delivery plans
• Development of the own work area e.g. by proposing changes
• Back up of own subordinates and logistics team leaders
To be successful in this role, we’re seeking for a candidate with the following qualifications:
• Good understanding and experience of global border crossing regulations and practicalities,
o EU & non-EU import / export & related documentation, global transportation
• Ability to run and maintain logistics metrics and reporting
• Experience in leading and coaching people working in a logistics field is a plus
• Understanding of material management in ERP systems, project deliveries and experience in LEAN & change management are considered as a plus
• Good communication and collaboration skills
• Good Finnish & English skills
• Good documentation skills
You have at least few years’ of work experience in logistics and have a degree (Bachelor’s or Master’s) in an applicable field (e.g. logistics). You have a mindset of developing ways of working together with the team.
With us at Vaisala, you will get to work in a truly global company with the mission of providing observations for a better world. Our solutions contribute to societies and people’s lives in over 150 countries. We engage in activities that are designed to help ensure the long-term viability of the planet: our solutions save lives and help our customers manage their resources, energy, waste, chemicals and product yield more efficiently.
For further information, please contact Outbound Logistics Manager, Sirkku Tiirikainen, tel +358 40 450 4472, available between 8:00 – 9:00 am on Tuesdays and Thursdays.
Please send your CV and application by 6th of February, 2020.