We are looking for a Tax Specialist to join the Fortum Financial Services unit (FS) Accounting and Tax Team located in Espoo. In this role you will be responsible for corporate income tax and VAT compliance for Finnish companies served by FS . In addition you are responsible of coordination of tax matters in local site and support to operative teams as well as co-operate with Development Managers Tax in process related matters.
Your main responsibilities are:
• Responsible for domestic corporate income tax and VAT compliance in FS.
• Collaboration with Financial Services, Corporate tax team and Fortum divisions in tax matters.
• Responsible for coordinating local tax issues with tax authorities and advisors
• Follow and inform changes regarding tax regulations and ensuring that tax instructions are up-to-date
• Guidance and support to operative teams and customers in tax related matters including providing trainings and related materials
• Coordinate the group tax reporting in local site
• Tax process development and harmonization in Financial Services in co-operation with other stakeholders
• Other Ad Hoc tasks related to direct and indirect taxation
We offer you
This is the start of your meaningful career journey at Fortum. We actively encourage job rotation and development activities across the company with open leadership as our guiding principle. This position gives you an excellent insight into the accounting and tax processes in Fortum group. You will have the opportunity to develop your expertise and gain experience within Fortum Financial services in the challenging and versatile international environment. You will have the opportunity develop our way of working and build tax competencies in our unit.
You have an applicable education in Finance/Tax/Law-related field, and a minimum professional experience of 3 years. We expect you to be a hands-on person with an positive can –do attitude. You are capable to work independently and as well as have good co-operation skills. You have ability to work to strict deadlines and on several duties at the same time.
Knowledge of common finance applications such as Oracle eBS Financials, Hyperion Financial Management, Cognos BI, Qlik as well as common MS Office tools is a benefit for you. We expect you to have good command of Finnish and English language. Occasional travelling is required.
Send your application and CV via our online recruitment system by 9th May 2020 at the latest. For more information please contact Jere Kenkkilä, Manager Accounting and Tax Team +358 40 728 1743 or firstname.lastname@example.org