We are looking for a masters student in field of technology for our customer Aboa Space Research Oy. In this role, you will get the opportunity to work in a product development project related to space industry. This is a summer job, and the starting date can be flexibly agreed, for example at the beginning of May. If you have a suitable education in the field of technology, and you are interested in working with space-related projects, this position could be a great opportunity to gain professional knowledge in the field! Read more and apply soon, as we will move forward with suitable applicants immediately!
ABOUT THE ROLE
Background of project: Mini Fluorescence (MFM) is European Space Agencys project, where ASRO (Aboa Space Research Oy) developed, together with the biophysics laboratory of University of Turku, a prototype of a miniaturised fluorescence microscope that could be used for biological research in space.
Project and tasks: In MFM's follow-up project, the development of the microscope is continued, with the goal of achieving a space-qualified instrument that could be used on the International Space Station. In this job, you will participate in the pre-development phase of this project as part of ASRO's team. As a Systems Engineering intern, you will familiarise yourself with the technologies of the microscope and its subsystems based on the previous project. You will also participate in the trade-off analysis and be responsible for managing the requirements of the project. The tasks can be tailored according to your skills and interests.
* A great opportunity to work with interesting and international project
* Opportunity to develop in the role of System Engineer
* Possibility of partial remote work
* Great colleagues, flexible and relaxed working environment
* Familiarising yourself with the technologies of the microscope and its subsystems based on the previous project
* Participation in the trade-off analysis
* Responsibility of managing the projects requirements
Knowledge of space instrument development and experience with project work are seen as an advantage.
WE ARE LOOKING FOR
We are looking for
* Suitable Master's level university studies (e.g., studies related to space technology, electronics, optics or biomedical technology)
* Full work proficiency in English
* Ability to handle broad and interdisciplinary concepts
* Start: For example at the beginning of May
* Work extent: Summer job, approximately 3 months with the possibility of extension
* Location: Turku, with a partial remote-work possibility
Contact information: This recruitment process is conducted by Academic Work. It is a request from Aboa Space Research Oy that all questions regarding the position are handled by Academic Work.
Our selection process is continuous and the advert may close before the recruitment process is completed if we have moved forward to the screening or interview phase. With suitable candidates, the process starts with recruitment tests, which you will receive in your email.
Founded in 1999, ASRO is a research and design agency specialising in innovative technology development. As an expert in electronics, embedded systems and various measurement technologies, ASRO operates as a partner for its industrial customers. The company has over 20 years of experience with demanding international space technology projects in which it has been involved in developing reliable and new solutions for, among others, radiation measurement and image sensors.