Viking Line looks to the future and aims to strengthen its department working with digital development. The sales and logistics system LS Retail / MS Nav has its product base in the Ofelia platform developed by the Onboard Platforms team. The team of five people employs developers, experts and system administrators for the various systems.
To strengthen this fine team, we are now looking for an enterprising, curious and enterprising person
to primarily develop and maintain the Ofelia platform. Work with LS Retail / MS Nav and other adjacent systems will also be relevant. We need new forces to strengthen the current team and build new skills for the future now that our business environment is changing rapidly.
- You work closely with Viking Line's business line and the other developers to constantly improve the various functions. Together, you plan and prioritize future functions from all perspectives
- the prioritized functions to be developed are then under your responsibility. You program, integrate and test them before deploying in production
- You are assumed to have a good view of how corresponding platforms should be developed in order for them to correspond to a high standard in terms of usability, performance, security and continued development
- Together with the other experts in your team, you take care of issues that arise when the platform is used in everyday business
- You are an experienced Full stack developer who has worked with similar tasks for more than three years. You are used to working with database administration in MS SQL Server or equivalent. Experience of Microsoft NAV, which LS Retail is based on is seen as an advantage
- You are experienced in writing scripts and programming in .NET and C # 7 (LINQ, EntityFramework, ADO.Net)
- You have a solid IT technical education with a degree, and you constantly want to develop your skills
- you are curious, service-oriented and enjoy teamwork. You have good social skills and are used to communicating well with the tools you have at hand
- You are a good organizer, independent and systematic in your work. You can have many balls in the air at the same time and you prioritize them well
- Fluent knowledge of English in speech and writing is a requirement for working effectively as a Systems Developer. It is a great merit if you also express yourself well in Swedish, as it is the language used in everyday life at Viking Line. Knowledge of Finnish and Estonian is seen as a clear advantage when applying for the position
- If you have experience from the shipping or other travel industry, or experience from the restaurant, shop or hotel industry, it is considered a merit for the task
We offer you:
- A work environment with fine colleagues, great tools and flexible processes. Depending on the environment, we choose whether we work agile or more with a traditional approach.
- An area to be personally responsible for that is large and crucial for Viking Line's operations. With this responsibility also comes a freedom in how you develop the area for the future
- An opportunity to travel by sea and meet your colleagues and the users of the various systems in order to better understand and meet their needs
- A chance to bring with your experience new knowledge to the team and the rest of the department
- full access to our employee benefits, such as free travel on our ships, subsidized lunch, wellness and other employee benefits
The employment is full time. The location can be either Stockholm, Turku, Helsinki, Mariehamn or Tallinn where we have our offices. We work in a modern way where your tools enable working on distance, in the office and on the go.
Questions regarding the service can be directed to Sebastian von Veh, Manager, Onboard Platforms, email@example.com and Laura Nieminen HR Senior Specialist firstname.lastname@example.org
The application with CV and salary request is sent no later than 31.1.2021 via our website: https://www.vikingline.com/fi/hae-tyota/tyoskentele-maissa/suomesta-ahvenanmaalta/
We will handle the applications as soon as they arrive to us, and the position can be filled as soon as we find a good candidate