Systems Design Engineer
PerkinElmer, Wallac Oy
PerkinElmer is currently looking for
SYSTEMS DESIGN ENGINEER
The Turku Site, with 550 employees, represents one of PerkinElmer’s major manufacturing and product development sites for newborn and maternal fetal health screening. As the global market leader in newborn screening, our solutions have tested over 560 million babies worldwide for life-threatening diseases.
You will be part of our in vitro diagnostic (IVD) instrument development team. The instrument development team offers a dynamic working environment and challenging projects to work with. The IVD instruments are part of our total solution offering that includes informatics, instruments, and biochemical reagents. Development requirements combine elements from all these areas and are leading to cross-scientific collaborations within the Global PerkinElmer R&D.
In your role you will lead the technical realization of IVD analyzer products. You will be responsible for developing product requirements, identifying novel technical solutions, managing the integration of multidisciplinary design items into a working product and lead the product verification planning and execution. We expect you to be capable of digesting new information and using your technical excellence to become the leading technical consultant of the product you are working with.
- Master of Science (Technology) or Doctor of Science (Technology)
- Demonstrated capabilities in more than one field of technology: mechanics engineering, electronics engineering, liquid handling, medical device verification, material technology, optics and light, software, etc.
- Minimum of 5 years of work experience in mechatronics hardware development
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English
- Skills and interest to write good specifications, plans and reports
- Leadership skills and capability to drive ideas in projects that are globally distributed
- Experience in medical device development is considered an advantage
What we offer
We offer a work with the mission to improve the health of children and pregnant women impacting the lives of millions of people. As a part of PerkinElmer, the global leader in newborn screening, you have unique opportunity for developing your professional skills in medical device development.
For more information, please contact Juha Karunen, tel +358 400 243634
Will you be our next top professional? Please apply to this intriguing position as soon as possible and join us today!