System Engineer, 5G Baseband Architecture
We are looking for a System engineer to join our 5G & Small Cells Architecture and Specification (A&S) team who is responsible for defining system specifications for 5G Radio Access Network (RAN).
System Specification Engineer for 5G Baseband Architecture role consists of following main responsibility areas:
- Drive feasibility studies for new Baseband Hardware modules introduction in Nokia 5G and Single RAN (SRAN) Base Station Product (Hardware dimensioning, 1rst End to End full stack call establishment, Software feature porting/parity analysis and requirements, Type Approval, BTS conformance, End to End BTS start-up, End to End BTS timing management)
- Define Baseband Architecture solutions for higher capacity scalability
- Define Baseband Architecture solutions for cost reduction, analyze Competitive Intelligence (CI) reports on Baseband products
- Define Baseband Software Deployment evolutions per 5G release and for new Baseband Hardware modules introduction
- Develop and maintain Baseband Hardware resource utilization models (CPU, Memory DDR/Flash, Internal and External communication Links) for Hardware dimensioning
- Define solutions for Software performance improvements
- Deliver full set of system specifications with high quality standards: from feasibility studies up to official product specifications for new Baseband Hardware introduction feature landscape
- Support RFI/RFQ supplier process for Baseband SoC selection
- Support HW Baseband roadmap definition (jointly with 5G Product Management and Baseband Development Units teams)
- Ensure Baseband Architecture compliancy/alignment with Multi-Radio Access Technology (RAT) Single RAN requirements
- Review system test strategy
- Interworking within 5G & SC BU architecture team and with other MN Development Unit teams and Bell Labs team
- Graduate degree (M.S. or Ph.D) in Telecommunication, you have at least 5 years of experience in wireless radio technologies in the field of product system engineering, development, baseband platforms product for Base Stations.
- You have a good knowledge of Hardware and real-time Software architectures for SoCs, FPGAs, and generic processors (from ARM, Intel, Marvell suppliers).
- You have a good experience on capacity and performances modelling of Baseband Hardware.
- You have a good knowledge of Linux and the associated ecosystem and communication protocols of the IP world (Ethernet / MAC / VLAN / IPv4 / IPv6 / UDP / TCP / FTP / DHCP / etc.).
- You have a comprehensive knowledge about 4G/LTE or 5G User Plane & Control Plane (i.e. L1, L2, L3) functionalities.
- You demonstrate good communication and teamwork skills in international environment. Team spirit and initiative will be assets very appreciated to succeed in this function.
- You have a strong analytical capacity and you master the editing and presentation of technical documents.
- You practice technical English fluently