System Administrator, Bore Ltd, Helsinki
Alkuperäinen julkaisupäivä 16.4.2021
We are looking for a System Administrator to our client Bore Ltd to work with the information technology within a shipping company. In this job you get to work in a fast-paced environment with skilled professionals! This job challenges you to think outside the box and gives you an opportunity to develop yourself as a professional. If you have already gained some experience and you have an educational background in IT, read more and apply today! We will proceed as soon as we have found the right candidate.
ABOUT THE ROLEAs a System Administrator, you will primarily support the vessels with their IT setup but also to assist our Helsinki office with IT matters, ensuring that the systems and networks are installed, configured and managed properly. You will work closely with multiple different teams in various locations. In this job, you benefit from great interpersonal skills, and as an interactive and organized person you perform efficiently even in a busy environment. The job requires occasional travelling because the System Administrator works partly onboard the vessels.
You are offered
* A great opportunity to develop your skills
* Versatile work tasks
* To be part of developing IT within a shipping company
JOB DUTIESIn this role, you have broad responsibilities including the systems and networks, ICT infrastructure, and supportive tasks. Your main tasks will be:
* Ensuring that the systems and networks are installed, configured, and managed according to company policies, guidelines, and standards
* Providing support and assistance to system owners and users.
* Handling incidents and managing changes in the ICT infrastructure
* Manage a well functioning back up system
* Participates in monitoring and advising on the security of office and vessel ICT
WE ARE LOOKING FOR
* Relevant work experience
* Relevant educational background in IT
* Knowledge about ICT hardware and software
* Knowledge of Microsoft environment (Server, Active Directory)
* Basic skills in virtual networking, IP addressing and firewall
* Possibility to travel
* Fluent written and spoken skills in English
* Finnish and Swedish skills are seen as an advantage
As a person you are:
* A team player with good interpersonal skills
* Proactive and independent
* A problem solver
* Eager to learn
* Start: As soon as possible
* Work extent: Permanent employment contract.
* Location: Helsinki
* Contact information: All questions related to the recruitment process or position are handled by Academic Work.
Our selection process is continuous, and the advert may close before the recruitment process is completed if we have moved forward to the screening or interview phase.