Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
We not only have ambitious goals, but also a clear agreement on how to achieve them: for us, the means are as important as the ends. Whatever your role at ABB, you can be sure you are helping to create a better world. From building sustainable power plants in remote corners of the world or improving safety for workers in automotive factories, to developing new technologies to make the electricity grids smarter, the work we do touches the lives of millions.
We are looking for a Sustainability Specialist at ABB Oy, Wiring Accessories business line in Porvoo. In this position, you will be deploying, supporting and developing the general Sustainability and data management culture, documentation and processes in Wiring Accessories LBL and our factory located in Porvoo.
- Maintain, update and generate new sustainability data related to our products and processes in good co-operation with other internal stakeholders, such as PM, R&D, SCM, Production, Sales, etc.
- Follow up, update and generate new sustainability requests for approvals and certificates in close co-operation with external authorities and approval/certification bodies (Byggvarobedömningen, Sundahus, Svanen, etc.)
- Report relevant sustainability data according to Group/BU and Oy processes and systems, e.g. SoFi and others
- Follow up the standards and regulation related to product re-use and recycling, as well as produce relevant documentation (i.e. ELKER)
- Participate and support ISO-standard (HSE/SA&Q) based Management System updating, documentation and auditing processes
- Consult, mentor and train other functions in competences and requirements related to sustainability and environmental issues
- Perform internal audits related to Sustainability and ISO-certified mgmt. systems
- Participate on Oy/BU/Hub-level competence teams related to Sustainability
- A B.Sc. or M.Sc. in engineering, e.g. electrification, mechanical, automation
- A minimum of two years’ working experience of industrial processes, infrastructure, technologies and methodologies
- Good knowledge on standards, regulations, market and customer requirements related to Sustainability
- Good competence and skills on product Life Cycle Assessment standards, processes and tools
- Systematic, analytic and hands-on approach to problems
- Basic knowledge and experience working on projects
- Excellent interaction and communication skills to be able to work in an international environment
- Good skills in SAP and MS Office tools
- Valid certification for Working Safety
- Excellent written and spoken skills in Finnish, as well as good written and spoken skills in English
- Ideally you have theoretical and practical experience and skills in product Sustainability management in an international working environment
- Good skills in problem solving methodology and tools are beneficial
- Good skills and motivation for working in teams and projects are desired
- Basic skills and training on Risk Management (FMEA), valid First Aid training and certification and basic competence in Lean Six Sigma (min. White Belt) are an advantage
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.
- Challenging but rewarding tasks in which you can utilize your personal know-how and competence related to Sustainability for world class products and processes, product data and product approvals & certification
- Possibilities to learn and continuously develop your know-how and competence in the field of Sustainability management
- Challenging but rewarding working environment with supporting colleagues for mentoring and benchmarking skills and competences
- Wide, international and active network that enables you to develop your communication and interactions skills both in professional and social contexts
- Good opportunities for professional development both at local and global (Country/BU/Hub) level
Interested in joining the crew? Apply for the position with the job ID FI68899677 by August, 21 2019 at www.abb.fi/uralle.
If you have questions, contact Keijo Kaukonen, Production Manager, tel. +358 50 335 7705.