Do you want to drive and deliver the sustainability agenda for Arla Finland? Then bring your broad sustainability experience & toolbox and join us as our new Head of Sustainability, playing a key role in creating the future of dairy.
We, at Arla are constantly taking steps to deliver on our sustainability agenda, from reducing CO2 emissions on our farms and supporting natural eco-systems, to reducing waste in our operations and bringing our customers the goodness of dairy through nutritious products.
Our sustainability agenda is based on Stronger Planet & Stronger People which are fundamentals looking into Arla’s future. As Head of Sustainability you will report to Arla Finland’s Managing Director and be a part of the Finnish leadership team. In your role, you will contribute to developing and implementing sustainable solutions, building competencies across the organisation, support the communication of our sustainability agenda and initiatives to stakeholders and drive cross-organisational projects.
Key responsibilities include:
- In line with Arla’s global sustainability strategy and Arla Finland’s commercial agenda, develop, coordinate & execute the local sustainability agenda
- Coordinate the global sustainability workstreams in Arla Finland and be the main local point of contact with regards to the Finnish sustainability agenda
- Develop & execute cross-functional sustainability projects based on local business plan / strategy
- Work closely with our global sustainability experts, bringing their expertise into the business
- Build competencies and enable the entire organisation to drive the sustainability agenda
- Support the development and proactive communication of Arla’s sustainability agenda and initiatives with our stakeholders
- Support the business to develop solutions that enable progression in our as well as our customers’ sustainability ambitions
We are looking for a candidate with broad knowledge of sustainability, solid business acumen and who can drive and deliver complex cross-organisational projects. A person, who’s a strong communicator, with excellent capabilities to engage others – and who has 5+ years of experience in driving a wide sustainability agenda.
Furthermore, we are looking for a colleague who will bring:
- Solid experience from driving the overall sustainability agenda in an organisation or as a consultant
- Strong understanding of key sustainability KPIs and metrics
- A strong commercial mindset
- An ability to stretch from a high-level holistic business development mindset down to defining detailed plans and driving actions
- A talent for collaborating across teams and borders and a growth mindset
- Master degree in relevant field
- Strong communication and presenting skills in both Finnish and English
- Global experience is an advantage
What do we offer?
You will enter an agile and global company, work across countries and functions in Arla and continuously experience opportunities to grow and develop your strengths. We’re committed to professional development and promoting from within.
Sustainability is, in addition to wellbeing and passion for food, one our three strategic pillars. As a company one of our key strengths is innovation and you’ll join a team with the ambition to do things that have never been done before. Our collaborative, inclusive and can-do culture will bring out the best in you. You’ll join Top 5 food company in Finland that produces nutritious household-favourite brands in a way that make things better for our customers, the farmers, and the whole world.
We will be reviewing applications on an ongoing basis, so if this sounds like the right opportunity for you, please send your application as soon as possible but latest by January 27th.
We are busy producing dairy products so we can continue #fillingtheshelves and #feedingthenation. Recruiting talent to Arla thus stays one of our top priorities also during these difficult times. Necessity is the mother of invention, so we have moved to virtual hiring and onboarding processes, so we enable candidates and our recruitment teams to get close while respecting social distancing. If at the final stages of recruitment, a candidate would prefer to meet in person, we take all the necessary precautions to ensure everyone's safety.