We are growing our team and now looking for a
to join our Sustainability Assessment team in Kilpilahti, Porvoo.
The Sustainability assessment team is responsible for LCA assessment, calculations and information generation related to fuel and chemical industries.
Your part in Neste journey
This is a great time to join us and to be part of our journey in creating a carbon neutral world! In this role, you will support the development of new business and technology opportunities in
renewable and low-carbon fuels and chemicals. You will work closely with a cross-functional team of experts, business development, corporate communication and various external partners.
Your main responsibilities will include:
• Performing sustainability assessments using LCA and comparative analyses
• Assessing feedstock sustainability in light of standards and regulation in specific regions and most recent research. Examples of feedstocks that you will be working with are forest and agricultural biomass and -oils, industrial waste and residues, municipal solid waste, and algae oils.
• Developing sustainability criteria for value chain between new feedstock sourcing and end customers together with relevant stakeholders. End products are in fuels, polymers and chemicals.
• Networking and cooperating actively with partners and stakeholders.
• Coaching and guiding more junior team members in their work.
The best combination of experiences, skills and background is
• Master's degree from relevant field, e.g. Natural Science and/or Technical Science
• Professional experience in Life Cycle Assessments. We would especially value previous experience in industrial LCA.
• Solid analytical and problem-solving skills, including relevant tools (e.g. Excel, GaBi)
• Excellent communication skills, including presentation and report writing skills
• Fluent written and spoken command of English, other languages are beneficial
The position is located in Porvoo, but you will also be able to contribute via agile work. Some travelling is required, mostly in Europe.
For further information about the position, please contact R&D Manager Markku Patajoki, tel. +358 50 458 4225, at the following times:
• Wednesday, January 8 th 14:30 – 15:30 EET
• Wednesday, January 15 th 14:30 – 15:30 EET
This recruitment is conducted with MPS. You can also contact MPS Consultant Jaana Jaatinen, tel. +358 20 746 9690.
Please submit your application by January 19th, 2020, including a motivational letter and CV.
The recruitment process includes interviews and aptitude testing. The first interviews are preliminary scheduled to take place on weeks 4 and 5.
The person selected for the position must pass a health examination including a drug test. A security clearance is obtained for the persons with their consent.