Supply Development Manager
At Neste we develop new solutions to address the global need for more sustainable transportation. We are now taking steps to convert lignocellulosic biomass into fuels and chemicals. Are you going to be one of our leaders who will make this happen?
We are looking for a
Supply Development Manager
to join Neste's Lignocellulosic Fuels team at Neste Innovation. Your start location will be a jointly agreed Neste office in Europe or North America (see the locations at www.neste.com). We expect your willingness to travel, primarily in Finland and Canada at least 50 % of the time. Our ideal candidate would be also prepared to relocate to where the targeted plant will be built.
Your part in Neste’s journey
As Supply Development Manager you will structure the supply chain and commercial terms for forest biomass purchasing, create a network of such partners and then manage this network securing feedstock for the plant.
In your role, you will
- Create a sourcing portfolio and model for the targeted total volume of feedstock
- Establish a good working relationship with key partners in the supply chain
- Establish terms and conditions for purchasing, harvesting and transporting biomass for each site location
- Drive tendering and other means of acquiring the feedstock from non-binding frame agreements to options to firm contracts
- Grow and develop supplier network
- Act as an expert for Supply chain development and Sourcing for other feedstock and projects
You will work closely with the Technology Manager for the feedstock, Procurement, Sustainability, Supply Chain Management and Logistics having a key position and a vantage point to a unique, groundbraking project.
Keys to success in this role
The best combination of experiences, skills and background is
- Bachelor's degree or higher in a relevant field such as logistics, engineering or business
- At least 5 years of experience working with external partners such as Sales
- At least 3 years of experience working with supply chains such as raw material Logistics or Procurement
- Experience from purchasing biomass or managing such supply chains, e.g. for the forestry or agriculture industry, or building supply chains for new businesses consuming biomass.
- Ability to develop a holistic understanding of the project while having a good command of the specifics of required commercial arrangements
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Fluent in English, good knowledge of French is expected but not absolutely required, knowledge of Finnish or Russian is a plus
We also value leadership skills and, depending on ability and willingness, the role may evolve into leading a supply organization of a new biofuels plant.
In accordance, we believe in people who find new ways of doing things – people for whom safety and sustainability are part of their professional skills. Customer mindset is essential to all of us at Neste and we work hard to find the best solutions for our customers. We believe everyone is a leader and share a natural desire for collaboration. If all this, as well as our values “We care, We have courage and We cooperate” resonate with you, you are the talent we are looking for.
Come and do meaningful work in a community that has its eyes set forward!
If you have any questions regarding the process or the position, please get in touch with Head of Lignofuels Initiative, Mikko Laiterä p. +358 50 458 3804, on Wednesdays 13th January, 20th January or 27th January at 14:00-15:00 EET.
Please submit your application with cover letter and CV by 31 January, 2021.
The recruitment process includes interviews and aptitude testing. The first interviews are preliminary scheduled to take place on the first two weeks of February.
The person selected for the position must pass a health examination including a drug test. A security clearance is obtained for the persons with their consent.
We believe that it is the task of each generation to create a healthier planet for its children. To succeed in this we create responsible choices, everyday – choices that enable people to live a more sustainable life and consume fewer natural resources.
There are about 4800 Neste employees in Europe, Asia and North America. We are the world’s largest producer of renewable diesel refined from waste and residues, and we are also bringing renewable solutions to the aviation and plastics industries. We are looking for the best professionals in their respective fields – people who have the will to make the world a cleaner place to live.