Supply Chain Analyst
We are now looking for a Supply Chain Analyst to join our UPM Biorefining team in Helsinki, Finland.
UPM Biorefining business area leverages the synergies of Pulp, Timber and Biofuels businesses. Focusing on growth, UPM Biorefining creates value and new business opportunities from wood and biomass originating solely from sustainable sources. UPM Biorefining has modern production sites in Finland covering three pulp mills, four sawmills and a biorefinery, as well as wood sourcing and forestry operations. In Uruguay, UPM runs pulp mill and plantation operations, and is currently building a new state-of-the-art pulp mill that is planned to be in full operation by end of 2022.
Greetings from your future manager
“This is an opportunity to be in the frontline of planning development in Pulp Business, learning the latest tools and processes and partake in implementation of integrated business planning in industrial scale business. The opportunity calls for a person who has passion and understanding for details and cause-effects in business planning.” –Timo Seppälä
What you’ll do
You drive our planning development by becoming the owner and key expert of our new planning tool (SAP Integrated Business Planning, IBP) , following-up different planning KPIs and conducting ad-hoc analyses. You help UPM’s Pulp business to build the best capabilities in Annual and Tactical planning processes and tools. You play an important role in implementation of commercial strategy and optimization of profitability.
Your main tasks are:
- Maintain and develop the SAP IBP planning tool, including technical configuration and data management
- Do statistical and numeric analyses of our supply chain and planning
- Maintain scenarios and planning versions in IBP
- Participate in scenario planning and simulation
- Cooperate with sales, logistics, production and finance teams to ensure efficient and integrated planning process
Who you are
- You have a master’s degree in industrial engineering, business, computer science or other applicable discipline
- You have experience and passion of detailed data analytics and driving data improvements in systems and processes
- You are development-oriented and willing to grow with our growing business
- You have strong skills for statistical analysis
- Experience in supply chain management and planning is an asset
- You have strong skills in Excel, Python, R or some other analytics tool
- You are fluent in written and spoken English
This is what we offer for you
- Meaningful job: We are proud of what we do. Our work highlights the expertise of our personnel, the high quality of our products and the company's values.
- Inspired and motivated teams: We have highly skilled workforce. We are a multifaceted, international organization that works as a team to achieve our shared objectives.
- Development opportunities: With us you can build up your expertise. We provide opportunities to support your development throughout every stage of your career.
- Responsibility for people and environment: Our ethical principles embrace people as well as the environment. We are always striving to build a more sustainable future.
For further information, please contact Timo Seppälä, Director, Integrated Business Planning, UPM Biorefining at tel. +358400748775 on 16th of December between 10-11.00 EET and 20th of December between 14-15.00 EET.
Please apply via the link above and attach your CV and cover letter latest 31st of December.
For support with submitting your application, please contact HR Service Center at email@example.com or +358204146600.
A security background check may be performed for those selected to UPM positions, in accordance with the company recruitment guidelines and the Security Clearance Act 726/2014.
UPM is a non-smoking workplace in Finland.