Summer Trainees, Procurement
Neste Engineering Solutions
We are currently looking for a summer trainees to join our Project Procurement function in Neste Engineering Solutions to work in various procurement tasks.
Your responsibilities during the summer can be related to e.g. purchasing, expediting and/or procurement coordination. Specific work role will be decided according your skills and work experience.
Typical tasks of Purchaser include:
- preparation and issue of requests for quotation (RFQ)
- expediting of RFQ process
- RFQ clarifications
- commercial bid evaluations
- preparation and issue of purchase orders and/or contracts
- invoice verifications
- close-out activities and archiving of purchase orders and/or contracts
Typical tasks of Desk expediter/Vendor document controller include:
- preparing expediting plans
- executing planned expediting activities:
- reviewing Vendors' progress
- controlling document flow between Vendors and Neste Engineering Solutions
- contacting Vendors by phone or e-mail
- reporting delivery status to the project team and to Client
Typical tasks of Procurement coordinator include:
- project procurement activities incl. scheduling
- ensure that Client's requirements for procurement are implemented to project
- acting as an interface between Neste Engineering Solutions Procurement and Client's organization to ensure that procurement activities are performed in compliance with project plan follow up, coordinate and report project procurement progress
You will work closely with Project Management, Project Control, Engineering, Construction Management, Vendors, Contractors and Clients. Job quotes excellent opportunity to learn and develop procurement competences in demanding process industry investment environment. Parallel to this you will get acquainted with international and globally growing company.
The keys to success in the summer job
Hunger for learning and sharing new ideas will be the cornerstone of your summer success. Applicants are expected to work both independently and in a team. We also value people for whom safety and sustainability are part of their professional skills.
In addition we see that the best combination of experiences, skills and background in this position is
- At least two years studies either in commercial or technical area
- Earlier experience of procurement (sourcing, purchasing or expediting) is highly appreciated
- Systematic way of working, exactness, flexibility and responsibility
- Ability to communicate in English in a clear and professional manner
We also value
- Earlier working experience in industrial investment projects
For us it is important that the summer job supports your education and is valuable for your future career. We are committed to offer you a comprehensive induction in the beginning of the summer and you will have a nominated mentor through the summer. We also arrange many events for our summer trainees to enhance collaboration, networking and comprehensive understanding of our business.
Your salary will be determined based on the complexity of the task, the skills and experience required for the job, your relevant previous working experience and the number of course credits you have from your studies.
Summer job takes place between 1st of May to 31st of August 2020.
Come and do meaningful work in a community that has its eyes set forward!
The summer job recruitment process may include a video or a phone interview at the pre-selection stage and – if you are invited to participate further in the selection procedure – an on-site interview in Porvoo.
Please submit your application letter and CV at the latest 16.2.2020.
Please note that due to the large number of applications we are unable to answer phone enquiries. Please send questions related to the recruitment process to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The person selected for the position must pass a health examination including a possible drug test. If required, a security clearance is obtained for the persons with their consent.