Summer Trainees, Procurement 1
Neste Engineering Solutions
The Summer Trainee positions at Neste are now open for applications! We are looking for a trainee to join our Project Procurement function in Neste Engineering Solutions to work in various procurement tasks for the summer.
Your responsibilities during the summer can be related to e.g. purchasing, expediting and/or procurement coordination. Specific work role will be decided according your skills and work experience.
Typical tasks of Purchaser include:
- preparation and issue of requests for quotation (RFQ)
- expediting of RFQ process
- RFQ clarifications
- commercial bid evaluations
- preparation and issue of purchase orders and/or contracts
- invoice verifications
- close-out activities and archiving of purchase orders and/or contracts
Typical tasks of Desk expediter/Vendor document controller include:
- preparing expediting plans
- executing planned expediting activities:
- reviewing Vendors' progress
- controlling document flow between Vendors and Neste Engineering Solutions
- contacting Vendors by phone or e-mail
- reporting delivery status to the project team and to Client
Typical tasks of Procurement coordinator include:
- project procurement activities incl. scheduling
- ensure that Client's requirements for procurement are implemented to project
- acting as an interface between Neste Engineering Solutions Procurement and Client's organization to ensure that procurement activities are performed in compliance with project plan follow up, coordinate and report project procurement progress
You will work closely with Project Management, Project Control, Engineering, Construction Management, Vendors, Contractors and Clients. Job quotes excellent opportunity to learn and develop procurement competences in demanding process industry investment environment. Parallel to this you will get acquainted with international and globally growing company.
The keys to success
You are motivated to learn, and enjoy working with a team for which safety, sustainability and professionalism are key elements of work.
Additionally, we see that the best combination of experiences, skills and background in this position would be
- At least two years studies either in commercial or technical area
- Earlier experience of procurement (sourcing, purchasing or expediting) is highly appreciated
- Earlier working experience in industrial investment projects is as well beneficial
- Systematic way of working, exactness, flexibility and responsibility
- Ability to communicate in English in a clear and professional manner
For us it is important that the summer job supports your education and is valuable for your future career. A thorough induction will be offered at the beginning of the summer.
During the summer, there will be opportunities to network and cooperate with other summer trainees as well as our Neste professionals. You will be able to get to know Neste as a company, and get your own voice heard. If caring, cooperation and courage are also your values, you may well be our next Summer Trainee!
Be part of refining the future!
Your salary will be determined based on the complexity of the task, the skills and experience required for the job, your relevant previous working experience and the number of course credits you have from your studies.
The planned time period of the traineeship is 1.5.- 31.8.2021.
The summer job recruitment process may include a video interview at the pre-selection stage and – if you are invited to participate further in the selection procedure – a face-to face interview. This interview may be arranged virtually due to the pandemic.
Please submit your application letter and CV by February 7th, 2021.
Due to the large number of applications, we are not able to answer your inquiries by phone. Please send a message to email@example.com if you have questions regarding the recruitment process.
The person selected for the position must pass a health examination including a drug test. If required, a security clearance is obtained for the person with their consent. We will guide the final candidate through this process. Should the remote work recommendation continue during the summer, your manager will advise you.
Our success begins with you.
Every company needs a purpose, and Neste has a strong one: to create a healthier planet for our children. We are 4,400 dedicated professionals committed to that purpose. Everything that we do, down to the smallest detail, shows our clear commitment to tackling the challenges of climate change. As an employer, understanding and valuing wellbeing is vital for our success. At the same time, we encourage every individual at Neste to contribute towards creating a positive impact on the environment as well as on the people, communities and societies around us.
As innovation is in our DNA, we are empowered to develop pioneering solutions to make businesses more sustainable.
For more information, please visit https://www.neste.com/
Neste Engineering Solutions offers high quality technology and engineering services, including engineering, procurement, construction and project management services for the Oil & Gas, Petrochemicals and Bio-industries. Our NAPCON products enhance process industry production optimization, quality and logistics, as well as operator training with simulators and games. We work in close cooperation with our strategic customers and have world-class knowhow in technology development and industrial investment projects. In addition to our head office in Porvoo, Finland, we operate in international Neste locations such as Singapore, Rotterdam, and in selected customer project sites. Neste Engineering Solutions employ about 1500 engineering professionals globally. Read more: neste.com/engineeringsolutions, napconsuite.com