Summer Trainee, Workstations & IT Operations
The Summer Trainee positions at Neste are now open for applications! We are looking for a summer trainee to join our Digital Workplace team.
The team provides the tools and services for the daily work and collaboration of all Neste employees; for example laptops, mobile devices and related services as well as collaboration tools such as Google applications, Neste’s social intranet and collaborative project management tools. The Digital Workplace team is also responsible for providing professional IT support to all Neste’s employees via Service Desk and on-site at all Neste offices.
Your responsibilities for the summer job
In your role, you will
- Participate actively in the on-going development projects (e.g. operative project management tasks)
- Build and update user instructions and IT guidelines related to ordering IT devices, mobile subscriptions and connections
- Handle new software requests and support in license management
- Testing of new technology and features
- Liaising with suppliers, service providers and business partners
- The purchase of IT supplies through nominated suppliers and processes
- Daily operative tasks such as processing invoices
- Updating application document repositories
- Support in updating CMDB information
- Other dedicated assignments from the parent team; Infrastructure and Operations
You will work closely both with colleagues from the Digital Workplace team as well as with IT Security and infrastructure teams to ensure successful delivery of IT services and products in your responsibility area. The Digital Workplace team aims to improve employee satisfaction via good user experience, improve employee productivity (i.e. ability to use the IT tools efficiently), enhance tech-friendly business culture and cost efficiency via fit for use services.
The keys to success
You are motivated to learn, and enjoy working with a team for which safety, sustainability and professionalism are key elements of work.
Additionally, we see that the best combination of experiences, skills and background in this position would be
- Bachelor’s or Master’s studies in Computer Science or related technical field
- At least 50% of studies completed with relevant previous work experience
- Ability to fault find and resolve hardware and software issues
- Tech-savvy personality and interest in technology
- Fluent English skills
We also value
- Excellent collaboration skills
- Flexible approach to duties, willing to cover for others
- Any previous work experience with IT and within global companies
- Experience in Windows Desktop and virtual server technologies
For us it is important that the summer job supports your education and is valuable for your future career. A thorough induction will be offered at the beginning of the summer.
During the summer, there will be opportunities to network and cooperate with other summer trainees as well as our Neste professionals. You will be able to get to know Neste as a company, and get your own voice heard. If caring, cooperation and courage are also your values, you may well be our next Summer Trainee!
Be part of refining the future!
Your salary will be determined based on the complexity of the task, the skills and experience required for the job, your relevant previous working experience and the number of course credits you have from your studies.
Summer job takes place in April-September depending on your availability.
The summer job recruitment process may include a video interview at the pre-selection stage and – if you are invited to participate further in the selection procedure – a face-to face interview. This interview may be arranged virtually due to the pandemic.
Please submit your application letter and CV by February 7th, 2021.
Due to the large number of applications, we are not able to answer your inquiries by phone. Please send a message to email@example.com if you have questions regarding the recruitment process.
The person selected for the position must pass a health examination including a drug test. If required, a security clearance is obtained for the person with their consent. We will guide the final candidate through this process. Should the remote work recommendation continue during the summer, your manager will advise you.
Our success begins with you.
Every company needs a purpose, and Neste has a strong one: to create a healthier planet for our children. We are 4,400 dedicated professionals committed to that purpose. Everything that we do, down to the smallest detail, shows our clear commitment to tackling the challenges of climate change. As an employer, understanding and valuing wellbeing is vital for our success. At the same time, we encourage every individual at Neste to contribute towards creating a positive impact on the environment as well as on the people, communities and societies around us.
As innovation is in our DNA, we are empowered to develop pioneering solutions to make businesses more sustainable.
For more information, please visit www.neste.com.