Summer trainee to Microbiology Division
Thermo Fisher Scientific
We are now looking for a Summer trainee to Microbiology Division in Vantaa.
What you’ll do
You will work as an integral part of a multidisciplinary and global R&D team to develop novel LC-MS based applications for clinical microbiology market. You will substitute our regular laboratory technicians during summer months. Work profile is partly dependent on the experience.
We are looking for a proactive, self-driven, result-oriented team player. You enjoy working with high technology products. We offer enthusiastic, result-oriented and international working environment.
How you’ll get there
- Experience from microbiological laboratory, preferably BSL-2 level
- Preferably a laboratory technician or B.Sc. level degree (or similar) in microbiology, biosciences, chemistry or related field. Students in the aforementioned fields are also encouraged to apply.
- Positive attitude for working with LC-MS instruments
- Working experience in a laboratory
- Demonstrated ability to execute systematic project work
- Sufficient computer skills and experience in MS Office package as well as LC-MS instrument software
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and Finnish
- Good social skills
Please send in your application, including a cover letter and CV in English. Please apply via https://jobs.thermofisher.com/ by 26.5.2019. Reference: 94039BR. Please apply as soon as possible, the position will be filled as soon as suitable candidate is found.
Should you have any questions, please contact Senior R&D Scientist Suvi Ravela, tel. +358 50 5889397.