Summer Trainee, SW R&D
Oulu is one of Nokia's key locations with over 40 years' experience. The site is a unique Radio research, development and manufacturing center in the world.
Are you looking for an opportunity to put your theoretical knowledge in practice during Spring-Summer 2021? We have opened our trainee positions for future talents studying in university, polytechnical or an equivalent institution.
We are hiring multiple (30+) students to software development related positions in our Oulu R&D site. These positions can be divided into to three categories or combination of these: 1) SW development 2) SW testing 3) SW integration. Depending which of the three you are interested of, understanding the some of the basics is beneficial. For example:
- SW development: programming (C/C++, Python), Linux, Version control systems
- SW Testing: software testing, test methodologies, test environments and tools, test automation
- SW integration: programming (C/C++, python), software testing, integration and validation.
The essential elements of the work are agile-based working mode and test-driven software development.
We are looking for motivated future Nokia talents.
We hope that
- You understand the basics of software development.
- You are eager to learn more and develop your skills
- You are always ready to share your knowledge and skills among the people you work with.
- You are a team worker but also efficient on independent tasks, and
- Your English language skills allow you to communicate efficiently in our multicultural environment.
We also appreciate also skills from Machine learning, big data, AI technologies and automatic analysis
We offer you opportunity to be part of World Best 5G development. You don’t have to be a master of everything, we give you the needed onboarding and support to become the next 5G superstar.
We are looking forward to receiving your application, written in English and telling us about your studies and what kind of tasks you would be interested in.
Please include a copy of your academic record in application. Additionally, we would like to hear about your relevant skills and any previous work and training experience.
If your interests and skills match to our job offer, we will invite you for an interview.