Summer Trainee, Supply Chain Specialist
During the summer you will gain valuable experience from your own field of study. We offer versatile and responsible tasks in an international company that builds for a more sustainable tomorrow? We are inspired by the limitless opportunities offered by the bioeconomy, and we lead the way towards a future beyond fossils. Join us on this exciting path!
UPM Biocomposites is looking for Summer Trainee, Supply Chain Specialist to join us for spring and summer season starting from the beginning of March. The position is located in Lahti, Finland.
Greetings from future manager:
“Our summer worker will join our agile, positive and encouraging team of professionals. Alongside with routine tasks, you will have defined responsibility areas and possibility to affect on how we do things. During the summer, you will learn a lot from customer service and gain an overview of European composite business. We are looking forward to hear from you!” – Meri Puhtila, Manager, Supply Chain
What you’ll do
The purpose of the job is to provide UPM Biocomposites customers with the world class customer service in biocomposite decking and granulate business. You will be responsible for customer service in named markets. You will be:
- Completing end-to-end tasks in customer service:
- Inquiry handling
- Order processing
- Delivery booking
- Other tasks that guarantee great customer experience
- Working with internal and external stakeholders in ensuring order fulfilment:
- Deviation management related to inventory and deliveries
- Ad-hoc prioritization
- Support sales and operations planning
- Handling other tasks that are relevant for UPM Biocomposites’ success during high season
Who you are
We are looking for students of different fields who have a positive and energetic attitude as well as self-initiative and sense of responsibility. The successful candidate will have customer and service-oriented mindset.
In addition, you have:
- Full professional working proficiency in English and Finnish is required. Full professional working proficiency in French is considered as major asset.
- Good interpersonal skills
- Ability to take initiative and make decisions
- Ability to work under pressure
- Selling skills, proactiveness
- Accuracy in details
- Good knowledge of IT tools, especially SAP skills are highly appreciated
What we offer to you
- Meaningful job: We are proud of what we do. Our work highlights the expertise of our personnel, the high quality of our products and the company's values.
- Inspired and motivated teams: We have highly skilled workforce. We are a multifaceted, international organisation that works as a team to achieve our shared objectives. You will become a part of our motivated and supporting work community.
- Development opportunities: With us you can build up your expertise. We provide opportunities to support your development throughout every stage of your summer traineeship. We offer you a chance to develop in an innovative work environment. Many of our summer trainees continue with UPM as Thesis Workers or return to us later in their career.
- Responsibility for people and environment: Our ethical principles embrace people as well as the environment. We are always striving to build a more sustainable future.
Are you ready?
Read more about summer recruitment process, applying, timeline, all available positions and more information on www.upm.com/summer or www.upm.com/kesa in Finnish.
Hear more and ask about our summer jobs by joining our webinars! Enroll yourself on a time that suits you on our webinar page.
Submit your application via the link above no later than 14th of February 2021.
Please fill the candidate profile and summer job application carefully. Remember to also include your CV and cover letter in the application. We will start processing the applications already during the application period.
For support with submitting your application please contact HR Service Center at firstname.lastname@example.org or +358204146600.
We are committed to being a responsible employer and participate in Responsible Summer Job -campaign.
UPM is a non-smoking workplace in Finland.