Summer Trainee, Sourcing Specialist
Curious for career path in sourcing and procurement? Ready to gather more work experience for the future? This summer job is for you!
Our Global Parts Supply & Distribution unit is looking for a Summer Trainee in Global Parts Sourcing department to handle sourcing activities of spare parts for unit located in Hyvinkää. As our summer trainee, you will be helping us to handle sourcing activities of our spare parts unit. You will be part of the team of our Global Parts sourcing team, which is closely co-operating with Service Procurement organization. Our responsibility is to ensure and manage supplier base, which is capable of serving the needs of Spare Parts operations. Our global parts sourcing team works also closely with warehouse operations, production, purchasing & customer service department with over 100 colleagues.
Your key tasks and responsibilities will include:
- Analysing supplier related master data quality in SAP.
- Master data maintenance related to prices and lead times (weight, country of origin, segmentation, payment terms, etc.)
- Ensuring contract term implementation in relevant Parts units
- Supplier base and category analysis.
- Supporting sourcing managers with RFQ process and creating RFQ:s to the new suppliers.
- Handling price mismatches and support purchasing in daily queries.
- Support sourcing managers with different projects.
With us, you will dive into daily work-life of our sourcing professionals and learn a lot about typical sourcing activities as well as tools and best practices utilized in big, global company. During the summer, you will be helping us to develop world class spare part logistics operations together with experienced colleagues in multicultural environment. Is this something you appreciate? Check the role’s requirements below and apply!
What you should bring
- Suitable studies, e.g. BSc. in supply chain management or related topic.
- Understanding of sourcing and procurement processes, experience of sourcing, purchasing or similar is an asset.
- Good knowledge in Microsoft Office tools including Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
- Good communication skills in English and Finnish.
We are looking for a proactive and analytical student, who’s interested in sourcing and procurement topics and willing to learn more with us. We also value, if you have previous experience of SAP or another ERP system. It’s rarely quiet in our team, so be ready to work under pressure in a hectic spare part environment with us!
This Summer Trainee position is located at our headquarter offices in Hyvinkää. Length of the summer job is approximately 3-4 months between May-August, accurate dates are negotiable.
If you are interested working with us, please apply with your CV and short cover letter by 1st of March 2020 at latest via our career site. For more information about this role, please contact Senior sourcing manager, Virpi Tikkala, virpi.tikkala(at)konecranes.com or by phone +358 40 775 9977.
Konecranes is a world-leading group of Lifting Businesses™, serving a broad range of customers. We are truly a global company with 16,000 employees at 600 locations in 50 countries. Read more about us and our summer jobs at www.konecranes.com/fi/kesatyo!